Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #31
Spinnenmonat
Guru
Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spinnenmonat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 Kindle Voyage 3G
I vote to Lord Alfred Tennyson
Spinnenmonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #32
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Very hard decision and I'll definitely be happy with either. Really, they're similar in many ways- both English, both a type of fantasy and narrative verse in the titled poem, both latter 19th century within a few decades of each other, and the authors were contemporaries who died only a few years apart.

I read longer excerpts or selected idylls of the Tennyson in school but have basically forgot all of it besides the gist, and though I'd say it's longer and more difficult than the Rossetti, have always been interested in reading the entire thing. I know of Rossetti but haven't read much if anything of hers (perhaps some in school but I don't remember her specifically), but I really enjoyed the... lusciousness of the sample I read a few days ago. So both look great to me and my vote could go either way depending on the minute, but with only one vote and a decision to make, I'm going to go with the one I've had an interest in reading through for a long time so

-1 vote to Idylls of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
...we all know that " Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"...
Perhaps, though in her favour she does have quite a rousing number in the musical.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #33
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
That is a tough decision. I will go with 1 vote for Rossetti.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #34
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Run-off voting is complete and the goblins have it! I'll have the discussion thread up soon.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote