Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-25-2019, 02:49 AM   #1
willyloco
Nameless Being

Inkpad 3 and sound problem problem

Hi,
I bought an Inkpad 3 a few months ago. It works fine and I am very pleased with it.
This week I tried the sound features on the Inkpad. To my surprise TTS, music player do not work. I see the menu with the buttons but when I press the play button, nothing happens. I use ordinary earphones connected to the Inkpad using the dongle that comes with the reader.
I am already in a very long email conversation about the problem wih pocketbook support; they keep me asking all kind of information that is beside the point ( ex. "Bluetooth features of your earphones") but no solution yet. I already reset to factory settings twice, no respons.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by willyloco; 01-25-2019 at 03:48 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Besides a factory reset and trying with multiple earphones I think the thing to try is to find another dongle. That would be the easiest to replace hw.

But my guess would be that there is something wrong inside and you need to replace it.

(FWIW I have tested my Inkpad 3 with the dongle and it worked fine.)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:12 PM   #3
willyloco
Nameless Being

Thanks Patrick,

Pocketbook asked me to send in the Inkpad for service. I am not going to do this .
However I tried to plug in a service cliënt cable and it started tot work right away. I could't check the sound of course but I agree with you abouty the dongle. Must be something wrong with it.
So I suggested to support tot send me a new dongle.
So I will have to wait and see.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra H2O, Clara HD, Inkpad 3 & Inkpad 4, BOOX Nova Pro
Hi.

- I had the same problem. My problem comes from Firmware version 5.19.660, with previous Firmware (.5.19.542) the TTS works without problem.
* For me - Audio, book_Audio, mp3 everything works. What does not work is the TTS, button "play" gray, blocked

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 02-04-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote