Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 02:40 PM   #61
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
My Clara HD was shipped via UPS to a US address. Signature was required for acceptance.
That,s good maybe if I order online the damn thing will actually get delivered properly if its signature required
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #62
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Well today is the big day. I do not see it online yet tho other than the 3rd party listings
I just did a search for "Kobo" on the Walmart U.S. site and the Clara HD came up as sold by Walmart. However, when I click on the link, it takes me to the ebooks page.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #63
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I just did a search for "Kobo" on the Walmart U.S. site and the Clara HD came up as sold by Walmart. However, when I click on the link, it takes me to the ebooks page.
I saw the same thing. They must be in the middle of launching all the pages on the site.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #64
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

same here
Old 08-21-2018, 06:35 PM   #65
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Sorry. Two other Walmarts in my area didn't have them yet either. They must not be making their big push yet — or they're behind schedule. Hopefully it doesn't mean there is only going to be Kobo displays in select stores.

I'd almost be willing to bet our Walmart won't have a display, but hoping of course I'm wrong about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2018, 06:55 PM   #66
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I'd almost be willing to bet our Walmart won't have a display, but hoping of course I'm wrong about that.

Good luck. Employees seem clueless which is perplexing for they were vamping up for this for a long time now
Old 08-21-2018, 08:24 PM   #67
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Good luck. Employees seem clueless which is perplexing for they were vamping up for this for a long time now
I'm guessing they don't even know. They get new stock in, a new floor plan and they just follow instructions and set it up.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 08:37 PM   #68
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Its posted on the Walmart Web site!! I know what I be buying for myself for Christmas...or before
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #69
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I'm guessing they don't even know. They get new stock in, a new floor plan and they just follow instructions and set it up.

Hubby had to go there today, he saw absolutely zero sign of any e-reader display. Of course, they might roll it out to some stores later than others....

graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:37 AM   #70
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Two things I noted about the Clara HD sold on Walmart. Although I couldn’t get any page to load for the Clara (it took me to a general ebook landing page), the device is listed with a rating and several reviews. Is Walmart populating the rating and reviews from some other non-Walmart site? How can Walmart customers review a device they can’t yet buy?

Also, it says 2-day shipping, with free pickup in store. Nothing about store availability yet. I hope they actually have demo models in the stores, and aren’t just offering to drop ship the device to buyers. Maybe it’s just too early for it to be in the stores’ merchandise inventory system yet.

And although there is no news yet on other readers yet either, indicating it’s a slow rollout and early yet, the only cases shown online for the Clara HD are 3rd party offerings. I hope they will sell actual Kobo cases as well.
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:40 AM   #71
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf View Post
Two things I noted about the Clara HD sold on Walmart. Although I couldn’t get any page to load for the Clara (it took me to a general ebook landing page), the device is listed with a rating and several reviews. Is Walmart populating the rating and reviews from some other non-Walmart site? How can Walmart customers review a device they can’t yet buy?
I think they're including feedback for sales from other sellers. If you to the Walmart.com/Ebooks site now (it's up) you'll see the Aura has four sellers -- Walmart is not even the featured seller, it's someone who is selling Aura for $93.93.

https://www.walmart.com/product/621781419/sellers

EDIT: The seller who was selling the Auras for $93.93 is now sold out, so there are only three vendors for the Aura now.

Here's the current listing for the Clara ... https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Clara-HD/848940265

Last edited by rcentros; 08-22-2018 at 02:46 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:59 AM   #72
HLS
Wizard

They are on sale now online with free store pickup at least
Old 08-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #73
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Ordering my Clara HD directly from Kobo and shipped to the US was no problem. Why wait for WalMart?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #74
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Ordering my Clara HD directly from Kobo and shipped to the US was no problem. Why wait for WalMart?
For me, it is ease of return. I think I'll be fine buying an Aura One or Clara HD, but I've read of enough problems that I don't want any hassles if I need to do a return.

My experiences with Kobo weren't the most straight forward, compared to most internet companies.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #75
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Fair enough. Still, I'd rather have a device shipped directly to me from the manufacturer, as opposed to something that's been through the WalMart supply chain.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote