Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-01-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Force scan of library folder for unadded books

In my library folder, d:/ebooks, along with books that are in the calibre library and organized by author/title folder structure and have proper metadata, I have mixed in mobi, epub, and pdf that were never added to calibre. I.e. they were dropped into the d:/ebooks via file explorer rather than added into calibre.

How do I force calibre to scan the library folder for these "undocumented" books and add them automatically.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Calibre Library/Library Maintenance/Check Library.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
In my library folder, d:/ebooks, along with books that are in the calibre library and organized by author/title folder structure and have proper metadata, I have mixed in mobi, epub, and pdf that were never added to calibre. I.e. they were dropped into the d:/ebooks via file explorer rather than added into calibre.

How do I force calibre to scan the library folder for these "undocumented" books and add them automatically.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
You Mixed in books to your Library folder using the O/S (D&D or other ways)
You did read all the warnings about messing under the skirts??

Simple answer: You Don't get to back in
Simple Truth: You are going to have to build a new Library.

If you have custom columns:
Use Create/Switch to create a new (drive location) Library: Tick use existing structure

Now you get to use Add Books: The one with subdirectories and same book different format
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:18 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Barty - if there aren't too many books with 'unrecorded' formats and you can identify them -e.g. from Check Library; then you could open the book folder from within calibre (press 'O') and drag 'n drop the 'unrecorded' format(s) to the book details panel.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote