Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Can gmail be accessed?

Can the T1 be used to access gmail?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
It works for me, with browser and under wifi. Not really good because of the refresh but I could use it if my phone broke down while I am traveling. Never tried installing the android gmail.apk, though.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
bookp
Connoisseur
bookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavensbookp is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Sony PRS-T3
It doesn't work in the new layout. You have to use an older design which looks kinda ancient.
bookp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
I can read my g-mail but for some reason composing doesn't work, the kyb doesn't appear not sure why.but I wouldn't recommend it except as an emergency back-up dunno about the rooted device
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Thanks all!

Are there any tricks that need to be employed with an unrooted T1?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Trying to access Mobile Gmail will result in an error message, but there's a link below the error message to access the "older version". It's not pretty, but it's functional. I recommend bookmarking it for easy access in the future.

From the "older version", you can also click the link for "basic HTML" which takes you to the full desktop version of Gmail. It's most definitely not optimized for a 7" screen, but if you find there's something you can't do in the old mobile version you can always use the basic desktop version.

edit: direct link to the "old" version of mobile Gmail:
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/x/pmlttwcnxrkk/r/

Last edited by AndrewH; 06-16-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Inserting the direct link to old mobile Gmail: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/x/pmlttwcnxrkk/r/
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote