Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #76
CyW
CyW began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Pandigital Novel
I moved from the Pandigital Novel to the Nook Color a little over a week ago. Very easy to transfer my library as the Novel used the B&N bookstore. I have hacked the Novel into a slate and have the Kindle Reader software on there.

The Nook Color is a big step up: A much better screen, thinner and lighter and with a better battery life.

So far I am happy with my newest toy.
CyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #77
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyW View Post
I moved from the Pandigital Novel to the Nook Color a little over a week ago. Very easy to transfer my library as the Novel used the B&N bookstore. I have hacked the Novel into a slate and have the Kindle Reader software on there.

The Nook Color is a big step up: A much better screen, thinner and lighter and with a better battery life.

So far I am happy with my newest toy.
Glad you're enjoying it.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #78
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I love my NC but the wife wants to wrap it for Christmas. Got a few more days since she's out of town. If you look at my devices you'll see I'm somewhat of a gadget person (and add a Sony PRS300 {sold} & Cybook {given to daughter}). I had thought that the Astek EZ Reader with Openink Pot firmware had met all my goals but you people are so enthusiastic that I stopped at B&N to check. Went back the next weekend to purchase.

Yes there are some things that are less than perfect - weight, can't read outside, keyboard multi-types - but I still like all the good parts - browser, color, backlit, can be rooted for more apps that I use on my Droid.

My main "rationale" was that I could have it for Christmas to be a 'standin' for the Notion Ink Adam Android tablet that won't ship until February. Now if I could just read my email from it after it's rooted, it would be nearly perfect.

BTW, even though I am a big supporter of Eink, I have no problems reading the NC & as another 'older' person suggested, I don't need a spot light with it. So now I have an outside reader & an inside reader.

I'm rooting for a rooted NC after Christmas.

MC to you NCers.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #79
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
MC to you NCers.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #80
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Merry Christmas to you as well.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 05:01 PM   #81
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
I was a little skeptical at first, and I still think I prefer eInk over LCD when it comes to reading pure text, but so far I'm liking it a lot. When my micro SD card arrives tomorrow, I'll check out a couple magazines and put a couple movies on it. I'm really hoping to use it with my Marvel Digital Comics subscription in the near future (their web app uses Flash).

I'm trying to decide whether I should take it on my holiday trip instead of my Sony PRS-350. The PRS-350 is the smarter choice for travel (smaller, lighter, superior battery life), but the Nook Color is the new shiny
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #82
Ozric
Zealot
Ozric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watchOzric is clearly one to watch

Device: way too many =)
So my micro SD card arrived today and I thought I'd break it in with the latest issue of National Geographic (I really hope it downloaded the magazine to the card--I couldn't find any way of choosing the download location).

It takes a little getting used to, and I think the magazine reader software could use a little improving, but overall it's a nice experience that helps justify the purchase of the Nook Color at a time where I don't really need yet another eReader. But what can I say, I'm an eReader junkie
Ozric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #83
ypocaramel
Connoisseur
ypocaramel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-700, Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric View Post
I was a little skeptical at first, and I still think I prefer eInk over LCD when it comes to reading pure text, but so far I'm liking it a lot. When my micro SD card arrives tomorrow, I'll check out a couple magazines and put a couple movies on it. I'm really hoping to use it with my Marvel Digital Comics subscription in the near future (their web app uses Flash).
e-ink can definitely look better, since it's well, ink-like (see some of the microscope pics), it's eyestrain that's more debatable.
ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote