Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of these activities do you dedicate more time to?
Reading books 31 54.39%
Organising my book collection, messing around with ebook devices, deDRMing, converting formats, etc 14 24.56%
Hanging out on MobileRead 12 21.05%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
daviddem
Connoisseur
daviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litterdaviddem doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Which one of these activities do you dedicate more time to?

In other (crude) words, are you a book worm or a tech freak?

Edit: could an admin please add this option to the poll: Hanging out on MobileRead
and correct the typo in the title of the poll: to -> do

Last edited by daviddem; 12-17-2008 at 08:38 PM.
daviddem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
do i have to pick just one ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Oh god, absolutely reading. But I do spend time working on my list of what to read on my book spreadsheet, and I also read on my breaks at work and whatnot.

I also just buy my books on the Sony store, too lazy for the other stuff.

In short, total bookworm.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Good tech allows me to spend very little time in organizing the ebooks.

The real time stealing culprit over the past several months has been work. Yes, I know I should not use four letter words in this family orientated forum and I am sorry that I had to use that one. PLease forgive me.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Good tech allows me to spend very little time in organizing the ebooks.

The real time stealing culprit over the past several months has been work. Yes, I know I should not use four letter words in this family orientated forum and I am sorry that I had to use that one. PLease forgive me.
Ack, not only did you use a four letter word, you used the worst one possible! Go stand over in the corner, and just wait till your father gets home!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:39 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ack, not only did you use a four letter word, you used the worst one possible! Go stand over in the corner, and just wait till your father gets home!
yes, and so early in the morning too ! you should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Bad mod! Very bad mod! No treat for you today.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #8
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Bad mod! Very bad mod! No treat for you today.
Definitly no bacon'n'cheese-rolls for RWood today!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Definitly no bacon'n'cheese-rolls for RWood today!
...wait, is that supposed to be a punishment, or a reward ??
Old 12-18-2008, 08:21 AM   #10
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...wait, is that supposed to be a punishment, or a reward ??
Ummmm... good point.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
How I wish I spent more time organizing my books. How I wish I spent ANY time organising my books. How I wish my books were organised. Looking for an ebook book is nothing like looking for a needle in a haystack, it is more like looking for a needle in a needle stack.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Way too much time on all 3.
Does anyone have one of those 12 step programs?

Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
How I wish I spent more time organizing my books. How I wish I spent ANY time organising my books. How I wish my books were organised. Looking for an ebook book is nothing like looking for a needle in a haystack, it is more like looking for a needle in a needle stack.
me too. i am still hoping that someone will invent a miraculous program which will do all the work for me, while i sleep (or read...).
Old 12-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #14
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Organizing my ebooks ....
One of those things I have to do, along with organizing my MP3, organizing my videos, organizing my software install backups, organizing my game saves ....

Anyone know a way to remove the need for sleep?
It should make things easier ...
Well, except that I would surely use that time to collect more things rather than organizing them
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:13 AM   #15
Johns1NOnly
Loves2Design <3
Johns1NOnly doesn't litterJohns1NOnly doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Ipad, Kindle DX
i think i do all of theses.... right now i import all my ebooks into Calibre making sure the name are right the author and that each book has a cover image ( really bad about this even hunt do image of the cover i like better for a book... must be the graphic artist in me) I plan that if i have all my book in Calibre when i get my ebook reader i can spend more time reading i hope
Johns1NOnly is offline   Reply With Quote