Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #31
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Only "work around" I found for the reboot on annotations, is go to annotations, press on the options,remove all.. that works without reboot.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #32
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
I found new problem.

When push <--> in epub, my kobo aura hd reboot, in kepub works fine.

Greetings.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #33
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
I found new problem.

When push <--> in epub, my kobo aura hd reboot, in kepub works fine.

Greetings.
You mean the page slider ? because that works fine in both Aura HD and Glo with me.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
I'm still waiting on 3.5.
You'll be waiting forever. It's not going to happen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #35
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
I have put 3.8.0 on my Aura. It fixed the problem with the light that it was having with 3.5.0. Now when I disconnect it, the light returns to the level it was on before being connected. (Previously it was reverting to 1%).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2014, 10:03 AM   #36
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
You mean the page slider ? because that works fine in both Aura HD and Glo with me.
Yes, the page slider, it's strange, i can't open TOC in my epub book, My kobo reboot, later i try with another book...

Greetings.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
Yes, the page slider, it's strange, i can't open TOC in my epub book, My kobo reboot, later i try with another book...
Did you send the book to the device and then edit and resend it? If you did and change the ToC or file structure of the book, this can cause problems when you try to read it. You can make small changes, such as fixing spelling or changing the style, but making structure changes can break things. If you did make a change, I recommend removing the book from the device and putting it on again.

Another reason is that the database on the device is corrupt. You can check this with my Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre or a SQLite database management application. If you are seeing other things such as losing the current reading position or books after powering off and on, this probably the case.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #38
bartveld
Evangelist
bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bartveld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KA1, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Tab A 10.1, ReMarkable
From what I hear, I think I'll skip this one...
bartveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #39
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Hi,

I have a Glo and sliding my finger up or down the left side has no effect on the light.
Anyone else have this problem?
Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

V
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:04 PM   #40
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Did you send the book to the device and then edit and resend it? If you did and change the ToC or file structure of the book, this can cause problems when you try to read it. You can make small changes, such as fixing spelling or changing the style, but making structure changes can break things. If you did make a change, I recommend removing the book from the device and putting it on again.

Another reason is that the database on the device is corrupt. You can check this with my Kobo Utilities plugin in calibre or a SQLite database management application. If you are seeing other things such as losing the current reading position or books after powering off and on, this probably the case.
The book were in kobo before i aply new firmware, perhaps it corrupt the ToC.

I haven't another problem with my kobo before, so I try with another book later

Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #41
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
I have a Glo and sliding my finger up or down the left side has no effect on the light.
I don't have access to my Glo at the moment but I've just tried it on my AuraHD where it works fine. You do need to be inside a book for it to work, though, not Home screen or Book List. Does that make a difference?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #42
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
When it says "Sort collection", it doesn't mean sort by date into collections, does it? *sniff, sniff*

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #43
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I don't have access to my Glo at the moment but I've just tried it on my AuraHD where it works fine. You do need to be inside a book for it to work, though, not Home screen or Book List. Does that make a difference?
Yes, the swipe to change brightness will currently only work if you are in a book (what we would term as being in the Reading Experience, or RX).
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #44
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As to other known problems, the answer is "NO". That "no" means "it hasn't changed". With each firmware I see, I test a lot of the known problems (fonts, annotations list, lots of other things). If they had been fixed, I would list them above. I also test any known config file changes (such as full screen reading) but, I do not test any of the hacks or other add-ons.
You are wrong...

I suppose you cannot track and test everything...

3.8.0. also solves transparent images rendering which sometimes were drawn in black (no transparency at all).

I never found which exact kind of images or chained troubles generated the issue, (as it didn't always happen). But it was shown in either Web Browser or some books with embedded images. Good pages to test: www.tweakguides.com (the big logo) and www.google.com (the menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen).
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #45
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Hi,

Thanks.

V
As others said, you must be within a book for it to work. And I find it works best if my finger is actually touching the bezel and the glass, you really need to be along the far left edge. If I do it along the edge even a slight distance from the left, it won't work. This is on a Glo.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote