Notices

Old 02-06-2023, 03:56 AM   #1
digitaleye
digitaleye began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Kobo Klara HD: the device does not display all the loaded books

HI
I have a Kobo Clara HD.
On the device I have loaded various books, purchased on Sotre or free: but when I search among my books, it displays a third. I would like to understand why I don't see them all. If I plug it into the computer they are all actually loaded. Already once or restored the device to the factory settings, for a few days it works regularly, then this problem returns.
digitaleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 04:00 AM   #2
digitaleye

ciao
ho un Kobo Clara HD. Sul device ho caricato svariati libri, acquistati sullo Sotre o liberi: ma quando cerco tra i miei libri ne visualizza un terzo. Vorrei capire perchè non li vedo tutti. Se lo collego al computer sono effettivamente tutti caricati. Già una volta o riportato il device alle impostazioni di fabbrica, per alcuni giorni funziona regolarmente, poi si ripresenta questo problema.
Advert
Old 02-06-2023, 07:54 AM   #3
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
Have you checked the books in case one or various have errors? With Calibre you can check your ebooks for errors.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:15 AM   #4
digitaleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by milady133 View Post
Have you checked the books in case one or various have errors? With Calibre you can check your ebooks for errors.
Yes checked thanks. They all work and open. Here the problem is that I add books by loading them on the reader and they are not visible, not even examining the device on the computer desktop
Old 02-07-2023, 11:10 AM   #5
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Klara HD: the device does not display all the loaded books

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaleye View Post
Yes checked thanks. They all work and open. Here the problem is that I add books by loading them on the reader and they are not visible, not even examining the device on the computer desktop

That sounds like a database issue, though there may be steps you're not telling us.

Assuming it's a db issue, the two things I would try is first, removing all sideloaded books, repair my device db via that feature in Device Info, power cycling, then reloading the sideloaded books. If that didn't work, I'd log out of my Kobo, then relog back in which should reimport the sideloaded books. That method resets all my reading and awards stats, though, so I am loath to do it. Haha

If those methods did not fix my books from displaying, I'd do the following:
• If the books are purchased, but aren't showing up, I'd contact Kobo, have them remove the books from my account, then have them re-add them. This usually fixes the problem. I have had only one time when it didn't, and Kobo reimbursed me the book expense. I bought it again a month later with no issues.
• If the books are sideloaded, and they aren't corrupt or incompatible with my Kobo, then I'd factory reset. If *that* didn't fix things, I'd do a deep factory reset. I don't like it when a db corruption forces me to scrub my Kobo this deeply, but it always fixes whatever issue I couldn't fix the other ways. It's just a pain in the neck because you have to start from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2023, 06:56 AM   #6
digitaleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
That sounds like a database issue, though there may be steps you're not telling us.

Assuming it's a db issue, the two things I would try is first, removing all sideloaded books, repair my device db via that feature in Device Info, power cycling, then reloading the sideloaded books. If that didn't work, I'd log out of my Kobo, then relog back in which should reimport the sideloaded books. That method resets all my reading and awards stats, though, so I am loath to do it. Haha

If those methods did not fix my books from displaying, I'd do the following:
• If the books are purchased, but aren't showing up, I'd contact Kobo, have them remove the books from my account, then have them re-add them. This usually fixes the problem. I have had only one time when it didn't, and Kobo reimbursed me the book expense. I bought it again a month later with no issues.
• If the books are sideloaded, and they aren't corrupt or incompatible with my Kobo, then I'd factory reset. If *that* didn't fix things, I'd do a deep factory reset. I don't like it when a db corruption forces me to scrub my Kobo this deeply, but it always fixes whatever issue I couldn't fix the other ways. It's just a pain in the neck because you have to start from scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hi Cootey
he had already played this joke on me and I solved it by restoring the device to factory settings. But then it started having this problem again: it would seem that over a certain number of books at some point it doesn't display them anymore (although it is not even a quarter full of the free space on the hard disk).
Do you know this is possible?
Obviously I would like to solve it without having to reset everything every time and thus lose all my statistics, etc.
The books are both purchased and downloaded from free sites (free books from rights).
thanks
Old 02-08-2023, 08:06 AM   #7
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
hi Cootey
he had already played this joke on me and I solved it by restoring the device to factory settings. But then it started having this problem again: it would seem that over a certain number of books at some point it doesn't display them anymore (although it is not even a quarter full of the free space on the hard disk).
Do you know this is possible?
Obviously I would like to solve it without having to reset everything every time and thus lose all my statistics, etc.
The books are both purchased and downloaded from free sites (free books from rights).
thanks
How many do you have on your Kobo?
And if you search for those invisible books on the Kobo, will they appear in search results?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:02 AM   #8
digitaleye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
How many do you have on your Kobo?
And if you search for those invisible books on the Kobo, will they appear in search results?
I have 180 books on Kobo, and no, they don't show up in searches.
Old 02-08-2023, 09:13 AM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
I have 180 books on Kobo, and no, they don't show up in searches.
180 is by no means the upper limit. I have about two thousand on either of my Kobos. Something else must be going on here.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #10
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
I have 1340 files on my Kobo and it works perfectly, so 180 books is totally fine.

Which method are you using to transfer the sideloaded files?
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2023, 06:51 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
About 3,000 on an original Libra, over 1000 on grandson's original H2O, about 4,000 on 3x Sage.

About 350 of the 4200 in my Sage are bought ebooks since 2013.

All via USB from Calibre.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 10:50 AM   #12
digitaleye

I decided to initialize the Kobo to factory settings.
Then I uploaded the ebooks again: now I'm at 480 and everything seems ok.
There was probably a temporary database problem.
thank you all.