Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 12:13 PM   #76
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watchxyclonei is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Thank you for this. Works perfectly on my Clara HD!

I might have missed it, but is there a configuration to toggle between portrait and landscape?
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #77
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyclonei View Post
I might have missed it, but is there a configuration to toggle between portrait and landscape?
Yes and no. The Forma and Libra H2O have it. But, there is a hidden option to turn on the icon that allows this for the other devices. Add the following to the config file:

Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
ForceAllowLandscape=true
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 PM   #78
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
This is great, thanks so much. As well as starting KOReader the toggle usb command is so useful for me, as my laptop only detects my Kobo every 2nd connection for some reason. It's working great on my KA1.

A little gotcha to be aware of - if you're seeing duplicate menu entries then check that your editor isn't leaving recovery config files lying around (I'm looking at you VIM). Took me a while to figure out what was going on until I engaged my brain.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #79
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sladflob View Post
A little gotcha to be aware of - if you're seeing duplicate menu entries then check that your editor isn't leaving recovery config files lying around (I'm looking at you VIM). Took me a while to figure out what was going on until I engaged my brain.
That's a good point. I'll probably make NM ignore temp files from editors for the next version.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:36 PM   #80
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geek1011: Might add *nix hidden files to the list, too (since that includes mac resource forks on FAT (._*) ).

(I, err, don't recall how vim actually names its swapfiles, so this proposition may be redundant if those are also dot files )
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #81
sladflob
Connoisseur
sladflob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@geek1011: (I, err, don't recall how vim actually names its swapfiles, so this proposition may be redundant if those are also dot files )
Puts a tilde at the end of the filename.
sladflob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:02 AM   #82
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Yes and no. The Forma and Libra H2O have it. But, there is a hidden option to turn on the icon that allows this for the other devices. Add the following to the config file:

Code:
[DeveloperSettings]
ForceAllowLandscape=true
Dear DavidFor,

in which config file do I have to add these lines to get the landscape mode on my Kobo Glo?

Kind Regards, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:27 AM   #83
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaumann View Post
in which config file do I have to add these lines to get the landscape mode on my Kobo Glo?
It's this file .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf on your Kobo.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #84
jbaumann
Zealot
jbaumann began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple Kobos, multiple Kindles
Dear jackie_w,

thanks a lot, it works like a charm.

Cheers, Joe
jbaumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:02 PM   #85
mzel
Connoisseur
mzel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I installed NickelMenu 0.0.3 with a single menu item
menu_item :main :KOReader :cmd_spawn :quiet:/mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader/koreader.sh
Initially I skipped most of this tread and tried to use this with KoReader 2020.04.01. It showed the splash screed for a sec and then crashed to FSM menu with distorted font. From there I could get out only by the forced reboot. I installed 2020.05 now, but this still happens to me. No other side issues I've seen so far.
Am I beyond the point of no return in "breaking things in a subtle way"?
----
Kobo Forma, Latest firmware 4.21.15015, latest Koreader 2020.05., KSM for forma, no kfmon
mzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:11 PM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mzel: KSM is broken as all hell on the Forma. Depending on how you start Nickel, having gone through KSM may or may not bypass/confuse/break some necessary checks, hence the breakage.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 04:10 AM   #87
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
@mzel
When one starts nickel through KSM, one must not execute any command via the NickelMenu (or any other way) that involves killing nickel. The only exception is, when you want to return back to KSM.
In your case, calling koreader.sh results in calling the koreader application and the ksm application at almost the same time, which leads to a conflict situation.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #88
mzel
Connoisseur

Thank you @tshering and @NiLuJe.
Should I just uninstall KSM? Is there anything else broken? I use KSM only to alternate between Nicker and KoReader.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:11 AM   #89
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzel View Post
Thank you @tshering and @NiLuJe.
Should I just uninstall KSM? Is there anything else broken? I use KSM only to alternate between Nicker and KoReader.
In this case, I would unistall KSM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:12 AM   #90
mzel
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
In this case, I would unistall KSM.
Thanks, that helped!