Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #46
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
it flipped from 00:10 to 01:10 (before it actually was 01:10) and now it's stuck on that
to solve the mystery

of course, it's my own damn fault for being stupid

I had %m instead of %M in the date format string so it was showing hour:month instead of hour:minute I even posted in in the strace earlier and didn't notice, ouch

digging a hole to hide myself in now
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:57 AM   #47
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
to solve the mystery

I had %m instead of %M in the date format string so it was showing hour:month instead of hour:minute I even posted in in the strace earlier and didn't notice, ouch

Typical failure
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #48
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
to solve the mystery

Human at all!
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #49
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
to solve the mystery

I shouldn't laugh though, I've done similar things at times. At least I can laugh at myself then when I do it too! But that is hilarious!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:58 AM   #50
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Which values would I need on the Clara to display the clock in the lower left corner (with a little distance from the edge)?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:46 AM   #51
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Which values would I need on the Clara to display the clock in the lower left corner (with a little distance from the edge)?
I can tell you tomorrow (not going to have access to the file till tomorrow) for having it more or less aligned with the footer and right margin.

In other way, I think that -1,-1 would refer to lower right corner (the opposite to the default).
Old 10-30-2018, 06:59 AM   #52
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Negative values unfortunately, don't work since I'm using X Y pixel offset, instead of fbink's row/column feature. You'll just have to experiment with the values for now, sorry.

I update the MiniClock (link to post in my signature) so it will notice config file changes more immediately (by checking timestamp). The old version kept using the old config for quite a while because I was too lazy writing a proper check (and not lazy enough to just re-read config file every time and damn efficiency) :-)

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-30-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #53
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Negative values unfortunately, don't work since I'm using X Y pixel offset, instead of fbink's row/column feature. You'll just have to experiment with the values for now, sorry.

I update the MiniClock (link to post in my signature) so it will notice config file changes more immediately (by checking timestamp). The old version kept using the old config for quite a while because I was too lazy writing a proper check (and not lazy enough to just re-read config file every time and damn efficiency) :-)
Thank you very much for this
Old 10-30-2018, 07:31 AM   #54
frostschutz
Linux User

...and I had a typo in it so updated again. Sorry bout this :-/
Old 10-30-2018, 07:56 AM   #55
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
...and I had a typo in it so updated again. Sorry bout this :-/
No problem, I hadn't installed yet, thank you.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:53 AM   #56
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Small addendum, for people switching to row/col positioning: as far as columns are concerned (i.e., -x), it's counting *cell by cell* for the *initial* pen position, so, while -1, -1 technically *is* the bottom-right corner, that'd leave space only for printing a single cell .

So you'll probably want something like -x -10, -y -1, depending on how large a right margin you want, and how many characters you're actually printing .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #57
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Try something like
Code:
offset_x=20
offset_y=1390
then fine tune as required.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 09:04 AM   #58
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Miniclock and NightMode hacks playing nicely together

With a lot of help from NiLuJe we finally got this working. I'm going to document it here in case anyone else is interested.

Method A: Miniclock's foreground/background colours automatically match those currently being used by the rest of the screen.
  1. In the NightMode config file (.kobo/nightmode.ini) you must enable the retainStateOverRestart option in the [state] section
    Code:
    [state]
    retainStateOverRestart = yes	# yes / no
    This is necessary so that the Miniclock hack will be able to tell whether your Kobo is currently displaying white-on-black or black-on-white.
  2. In the Miniclock config file (.addons/Miniclock/miniclock.cfg) leave the foreground/background colours at default
    Code:
    fg_color=BLACK
    bg_color=WHITE
  3. Using the code below, customise the file usr/local/miniClock/miniclock.sh and replace it in KoboRoot.tgz

Manually change the default code
    Spoiler:
    Code:
    update() {
        sleep 0.1
        fbink -X "$cfg_offset_x" -Y "$cfg_offset_y" -F "$cfg_font" -S "$cfg_size" \
              -C "$cfg_fg_color" -B "$cfg_bg_color" \
              "$(date +"$cfg_format")"
    }

to this
    Spoiler:
    Code:
    update() {
        sleep 0.1
        if grep -q "invertActive\s*=\s*yes" "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.ini" ; then
            fbink -h -X "$cfg_offset_x" -Y "$cfg_offset_y" -F "$cfg_font" -S "$cfg_size" \
              "$(date +"$cfg_format")"
        else
              "$(date +"$cfg_format")"
        fi
    }

4. Reinstall the Miniclock hack using the newly customised KoboRoot.tgz. I think this will automatically cause a full reboot, which is necessary for the NightMode hack to detect the change made in step 1.

I also offer this as a slight variation ...

Method B: Miniclock will always display its time/date text in a more muted mid-grey. Its background will automatically match that currently being used by the rest of the screen.
  1. Same as Method A
  2. Same as Method A, but choose one of the mid-greys for foreground color, e.g.
    Code:
    fg_color=GRAY7
  3. Same as Method A, but use this as the replacement code instead
    Spoiler:
    Code:
    update() {
        sleep 0.1
        if grep -q "invertActive\s*=\s*yes" "/mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.ini" ; then
              -C "$cfg_fg_color" -B "BLACK" \
              "$(date +"$cfg_format")"
        else
              -C "$cfg_fg_color" -B "WHITE" \
              "$(date +"$cfg_format")"
        fi
    }
  4. Same as Method A

And finally ... I think Methods A and B could probably be combined to auto-detect what the user wanted based on the config's fg_color setting. However, as my shell scripting skills are practically non-existent, I'll leave that for someone else to consider.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-31-2018 at 09:08 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:03 AM   #59
frostschutz
Linux User

Thanks, I'll try to add this to the next version. (Remind me if I don't).
Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 PM   #60
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Now I’m interested in this. Especially if the clock background updates with switches between night mode being on and off. Though I generally keep it on.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote