Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #31
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
FWIW, if I do the following the delete key works just fine:

1. Go to Sigil's Edit Menu and select:
Edit/Paste From ClipBoard History ...

I can then highlight any history item I want and hit the "delete" key (backspace) on my Mac and that entry is deleted. You should be able to do the exact same thing on Windows and Linux.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:13 PM   #32
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
FWIW, if I do the following the delete key works just fine:

1. Go to Sigil's Edit Menu and select:
Edit/Paste From ClipBoard History ...

I can then highlight any history item I want and hit the "delete" key (backspace) on my Mac and that entry is deleted. You should be able to do the exact same thing on Windows and Linux.
Thanks, I will give that a try next time I am using Sigil.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The clipboard history ring file and the F&R history are two different things. Both are stored in the Sigil.ini file, but clearing the F&R history would require manually editing the ini file.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 12:27 PM   #34
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
I've no idea why it does not show up in a search.
Because Windows Search only looks in key, indexed areas by default. You have to explicitly tell it to do a full search of all folders.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #35
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The clipboard history ring file and the F&R history are two different things. Both are stored in the Sigil.ini file, but clearing the F&R history would require manually editing the ini file.
I noticed that when I was looking at the ini file.

I have edited the file to remove the unwanted F&R entries.

Thanks for everyone's help.

P.S. Great program by the way
Advert
Old 11-17-2020, 08:08 PM   #36
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
It gets a little too "keen" on adding stuff to the saved search list too I find.
Nice to see you contributing to the forums again.

I hope you have more time to spend on Mobileread
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #37
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
Nice to see you contributing to the forums again.

I hope you have more time to spend on Mobileread
You might want to check the date again on that kiwidude post.
Old 11-18-2020, 04:08 AM   #38
Ashjuk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Because Windows Search only looks in key, indexed areas by default. You have to explicitly tell it to do a full search of all folders.
Thanks for that information - I had not realised the limitations of search.

I'm still puzzled as to why I did not see the Sigil folder the first time I looked in App Data - I'll put it down to being thick