Notices

Old 11-22-2020, 04:53 AM   #1
huber70
Addict
huber70 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Tolino Vision6
calibre2opds icons folder

Hello,

can somebody please tell me where to change the calibre2opds icons? e.g. "authors" etc

I changed this icon after a new library has been created within the folder but nothing changes - are there more folders where I have to change it?

thanks, Peter from Germany
huber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Hopefully https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cal...ustomize#Icons is what you are looking for?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:16 AM   #3
huber70
Addict

thanks itimpi, did not read that I have to tick the box for external icons..

nevertheless, the question remains: if I change back and untick the box for external icons, where does calibre2opds get the "old" icons from?
Old 11-28-2020, 06:34 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huber70 View Post
thanks itimpi, did not read that I have to tick the box for external icons..

nevertheless, the question remains: if I change back and untick the box for external icons, where does calibre2opds get the "old" icons from?
That tick box refers to whether icon images for individual books are stored as binary data embedded in a web page or whether the web page instead has a link to the separate image file containing that icon. As such it did not appear to be relevant to your question.

I thought that you were trying to change the icons that calibre2opds uses within different catalog sections? If so then removing any customised ones means that calibre2opdes simply reverts to the ones that ship as part of the calibr2opds binaries.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:46 AM   #5
huber70
Addict

Well, try to understand - to make more clear what my intention is I add a pic of the result, wanted..
For the time being I always have to replace the icons after a new catalogue has been created

Moderator Notice
Moved large image to attachment
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbekannt.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	183742  

Last edited by theducks; 12-02-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 05:02 AM   #6
huber70
Addict

Solution:

To make use of my own icons they have to be added/replace the ones that are part of calibre2opds each time a new catalog has been created
Old 12-04-2020, 02:03 PM   #7
itimpi
Wizard

Where have you tried putting the replacement icons? The two standard locations are:
  1. Calibre2opds Binaries (install) folder
  2. Calibre2opds configuration folder
Using either of the locations should over-ride the built-in icons
Old 12-05-2020, 08:05 AM   #8
huber70
Addict

itimpi

to be honest I don't find the binaries:

installation folder is c:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2opds\ (no binaries), no icons
log files/profiles: c:\Users\my name\.calibre2opds\, no icons
Old 12-05-2020, 02:19 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard

That location contains several .jar files which ARE the binaries (since Calibre2opds is programmed using Java). The default icon files are included inside those binaries. Simply putting icon files with the correct names in that location will cause them to be used in preference to the built in ones.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:16 PM   #10
huber70
Addict

aha!: now you brought me on the way : found out now which *.jar file contain the icons and will replace them

will inform you tomorrow

thanks again, appreciated
Old 12-05-2020, 05:23 PM   #11
huber70
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by huber70 View Post
aha!: now you brought me on the way : found out now which *.jar file contain the icons and will replace them

will inform you tomorrow

thanks again, appreciated
PS

Guess, this file is correct: OpdsOutput-3.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

If so, I unzip with 7zip, replace the icons found in subfolder

OpdsOutput-3.6-SNAPSHOT\com\gmail\dpierron\calibre\opds

and zip back to a *.jar file

ok?
Old 12-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think you are complicating things. There is no need to change any supplied files. You just place the new images in one of several directories. See https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Cal...les_be_located for information on customizations.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:27 PM   #13
huber70
Addict

PeterT:

just simply put the icons into the installation folder
c:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2opds

and run calibre2opds to produce a new catalog
The icons that appear are the standard icons, not mine

PS: seems it worked fine since my icons are located at the folder with the log files

Last edited by huber70; 12-06-2020 at 08:31 PM.