Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #2821
tinoargentino
tinoargentino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Yeah, I though I might encounter that issue... I thought about making it run every 5 minutes so it will go whenever I'm reading, and be done with it...
tinoargentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:17 PM   #2822
tinoargentino
tinoargentino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW1
Hi all.

I recently upgraded my jailbroken PW1 to v5.6.1.1 and I couldn't ssh after that, nor via USB cable nor via Wifi. The reason I wanted to update is to be able to sync the articles I send to my kindle by sending an email to my kindle address. This is my major use case for my Kindle so I can't afford not having this unfortunately.

Is this a known issue? Appreciate the help, once again!
tinoargentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:32 PM   #2823
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinoargentino View Post
Hi all.

I recently upgraded my jailbroken PW1 to v5.6.1.1 and I couldn't ssh after that, nor via USB cable nor via Wifi. The reason I wanted to update is to be able to sync the articles I send to my kindle by sending an email to my kindle address. This is my major use case for my Kindle so I can't afford not having this unfortunately.

Is this a known issue? Appreciate the help, once again!
Every time you update the update wipes out all the utilities that require jailbreak to use.

If you haven't installed the hotfix the jailbreak is also wiped out.

If you did install the hotfix before updating, you need to reinstall USBnetworking, etc.

Maybe you need to re-read the JB instructions which document the above.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:56 PM   #2824
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Specifically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As mentioned earlier, an official FW update will basically throw you back to the post-hotfix step: you'll basically have to reinstall anything that came bundled in a .bin, except for the hotfix/bridge itself.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch