Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-25-2020, 09:38 PM   #106
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That makes one of us, I guess.
Here you go guys...have at it.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruler.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	181587  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:31 AM   #107
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Sorry you’re not glad. Maybe work on that cynical nature.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #108
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
DiapDealer and MGlitch, just get a room already.
Hahaha, I was just thinking that they sounded a bit like me and my ex-wife! Ex-wife just for that reason. 😂
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 08:00 AM   #109
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
One large coke and some nachos, please. Hold the limburger cheese.

(Whoa! Were we married to the same ex-wife?)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-26-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #110
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Sorry you’re not glad. Maybe work on that cynical nature.
Work on your comprehension skills. I meant "that makes one of us who can admit their shortcomings" You were the one glad it was me, I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
Glad you can admit your shortcomings.
Quote:

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-26-2020 at 09:55 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:06 PM   #111
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Work on your comprehension skills. I meant "that makes one of us who can admit their shortcomings" You were the one glad it was me, I might add.
Might want to focus on your own comprehension skills. Maybe ask someone to help you with playing on words and phrases, and focal points of sentences.

If you try really hard you might even be able to understand the plot devices in Winds when it comes out. You’ve probably got a few years. Or in your world I suppose you’ve got an eternity, so there’s hope.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 02:09 PM   #112
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
He’s signed a five-year deal for more HBO projects.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...box=1617017046
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:00 AM   #113
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
At this point I no longer care. I won't read book six. Reading book 6 would mean going through books 1-5 again because it's been so long ago. Starting over would mean having to slog through books 4 and 5 after a great read in books 1-3 and I could never even finish book 5. It's just not worth the effort. There's too much out there I want to read.

At this point it seems Mr Martin is more interested in $$ than finishing the series. More power to him.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:03 AM   #114
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I would totally read book 6 if it comes out. I'm fairly sure it won't. This series used to warp my judgment of its place in my top 10 books. Now that the dust has settled, I can say book 1 is 20th in my list.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 07:15 AM   #115
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
At this point it seems Mr Martin is more interested in $$ than finishing the series.
That may be part of it. However, I suspect that working with a team of other writers does much to mitigate writer's block which might help to bring his ideas to fruition sooner.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #116
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Unfortunately, the final 2 seasons of the HBO show has negatively changed my view on the books to. So besides the fact that book 6 and the final books may never be released there also me being tired of ASoIaF now.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 09:50 AM   #117
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I read the first four. Then I moved on when it was apparent he had no interest in keeping the series going. After all this time, I wouldn't buy the next volume if it was free... just as I haven't bought anything else he's written after this fiasco began.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #118
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I purchased an omnibus edition of the existing 5 books quite awhile ago (I think it was $10) but haven’t started reading any of them. Nor have I seen any of the HBO series (maybe 4 episodes). Any recommendations on which to embark on first, and when to stop reading/watching?

Last edited by tomsem; 03-31-2021 at 01:44 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:47 PM   #119
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I purchased an omnibus edition of the existing 5 books quite awhile ago (I think it was $10) but haven’t started reading any of them. Nor have I seen any of the HBO series (maybe 4 episodes). Any recommendations on which to embark on first, and when to stop reading/watching?
You should always read the book first! And stop after the third, because GRRM loses the plot, both figuratively and literally, with book four. Then you can watch the series which at least will tidy up some of the mess of the fourth and fifth books and achieve closure.

[P.S. If you’re squeamish, the HBO series might be too hard to take.]
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 01:55 PM   #120
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Any recommendations on which to embark on first, and when to stop reading/watching?
I'd say stop after you've finished the first book. I did read the second book but started skimming when I realized that his character development consisted entiredly (intentional misspelling) of every character being pissed at some other character(s) and wanting revenge.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote