Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-26-2014, 03:51 AM   #1
Moona8
Moona8 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Evernote on ebook reader?????

Hi!

I am interested whether I can use Evernote or any other task manager program on any ebook reader out there?

Thank You!!!!
Moona8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:34 AM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Yes, I'm fairly sure it's on the latest Sony models as part of the software set up.

Pop down into the Devices sub-forum, and check out the Sony threads.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moona8 View Post
I am interested whether I can use Evernote or any other task manager program on any ebook reader out there?
I bought a Sony PRS-T2 partly because of its Evernote sync. It works fine for me because I mostly wanted to download a specific Notebook. But it appears that you can have only one Notebook for downloading and one for uploading (and they can't be the same). (You have to choose in the Evernote Setup.) You're also limited on what you can upload. I thought I could just make a note and upload it, but that's not an option. Here are the four ways you can use Evernote for uploading on your Sony ... 1) You can upload highlighted words on a book page. (Could be useful for research.) 2) You can upload a picture. 3) You can upload an annotation, which means you have to highlight at least one word in a book and then create and connect a note to it. Once you have the note, you can find it in "All Notes" on the application page and selectively upload specific notes to Evernote. And 4) You can upload an address of a website, but not its content.

So it's limited, but you could probably make it work in a pinch. It's definitely not a full-blown Evernote app. Here's the "Using Evernote" section of the Sony T2 manual ...

http://docs.esupport.sony.com/reader.../08/01/01.html

I don't know if the T3 has more advanced Evernote features or not. I'm guessing it doesn't. I bought the T2, refurbished, at Tiger Direct for $50 -- so I thought that was a pretty good deal. (If you live in the U.S.)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...View&rrindex=1

(A quick look at the T3 manual shows that, on this subject, it's word for word the same as the T2 manual.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-26-2014 at 06:26 AM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Recent builds of KOreader (for Kindle and Kobo e-readers) also includes a limited implementation of Evernote functions.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #5
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Yes, it only uploads highlighting for now. Although chrox says that it not that hard to implement an Evernote icon in Filemanager and download the Evernote notes for reading. Or to implement Pocket even!

However, for now his main interest lies in the Android port of koreader.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #6
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Yes, it only uploads highlighting for now. Although chrox says that it not that hard to implement an Evernote icon in Filemanager and download the Evernote notes for reading. Or to implement Pocket even!

However, for now his main interest lies in the Android port of koreader.
It might be nice if the Evernote "Clearly" generated "notes" were part of that. Wouldn't that be much the same as Pocket provides?

Luck;
Ken
Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #7
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It might be nice if the Evernote "Clearly" generated "notes" were part of that. Wouldn't that be much the same as Pocket provides?

Luck;
Ken
Yes. I think so.
Chrox already wrote about another Evernote feature: scanned text gets OCRed in the cloud and searchable notes are generated. Would that feature be part of Clearly?
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Yes. I think so.
Chrox already wrote about another Evernote feature: scanned text gets OCRed in the cloud and searchable notes are generated. Would that feature be part of Clearly?
That sounds like a premium feature, video here. The expanded search features could be available because of it having been stored that way. The video mentions the free version being able to search text in pictures, so I would guess OCR was used.

Also

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 05-26-2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
OCR is a premium feature, yes.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Moona8
Moona8 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you!

Thank you everybody!

I am just in a search to find some device to have my task manager program on. AND I don't want it to be a smartphone because of the amount of electromagnetic radiation.

I got some idea now what to expect from e-book readers on that apartment!
It might do the work!
Moona8 is offline   Reply With Quote