Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-19-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Pocketbook (Inkpad 3) clock stopping

Hello, I'm just curious whether anyone else has experienced this: since several weeks the clock in my PB-IP3 (with the latest fw) does not work, time does not move forward at all, it only gets actualized when I sync the device, then it remains in one place again. I haven't seen this reported on any PB related forums, and the only thing that has changed on my device was that I have updated koreader, so I suspect it has something to do with this issue. BTW this behaviour has started around the time this (otherwise very cool) fix has been implemented: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...251c3f25dfc6f8
Have you seen anything like this? Were you able to solve it? I don't want to report an issue before I am sure it really is koreader-related, but I also don't want to make a factory reset without believing it could really help.
Thanks for any answers!
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #2
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
If you mean the clock in KOReader, perhaps you'd best make sure Settings → Status bar → Auto refresh time is checked? Or does it also not update when changing pages?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
zslengyel
zslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the roughzslengyel is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 (Pocketbook Inkpad3 740, Kindle Paperwhite 3)
Thank you for your answer, but it surely isn't a display thing: it doesn't update when changing pages, but it also does not update at all while outside of koreader, the system clock itself is broken (that's why I'm not 100% sure it's related to koreader).
zslengyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, we're definitely not handling time-keeping ourselves, we're just displaying what the system tells us. If it's broken, we display broken stuff .

TL;DR: Yeah, probably not our bug. If it behaves the same way in vanilla software after a full reboot of the device, probably not anyone's bug, either .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 01:46 AM   #5
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the clock itself is broken I'm 99.999 % sure it's not related to KOReader.

(I've never really heard of a broken clock before…)
Advert
Old 04-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #6
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
I found something similar on other freescale socs. If date is too old (say 2005) the rtc won't tick. You won't find this behaviour often because the hwclock will drain a bit of battery to keep the time in sync, but if the battery is really empty this can happen.

I'm not sure if Pocketbook has a menu to set date & time from its gui. For Cervantes (which can run with KOReader only) a workaround is -> https://github.com/koreader/koreader...one.sh#L10-L15
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Huh.

On a K2, the clock will drop back to epoch I you drain the battery, but it will keep ticking .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:43 AM   #8
Frenzie
Wizard

Yeah, all clocks I'm familiar with will drop back to some date that makes sense to them (whether it's 1900, 1970, 1980, 2005 or 2010), although of course it's always possible they do it through software like @pazos.

Btw, why 2010 and not 2018 or 2019? :P
Old 06-05-2019, 04:32 PM   #9
bachvarov
bachvarov began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook Touch HD3
I have exactly the same issue after installing koreader. My system clock no longer works. I formatted everything and reflashed but it still does not work. Any ideas?
bachvarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:22 PM   #10
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Cool! I have the same clock problem! After wifi sync the clock works about 1 or 2 minutes,but then stops. I performed hard reset, firmware reinstall or installation of older version. Nothing helps me �� And guarantee time is out. Two years after buying.
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote