Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #106
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I just remembered to add books I've read for June to my list. Been busy with family visits and vacation. I'm also waiting for a few new release books of favorite authors in July. I've been hoarding my digital credits for these and they won't expire till the books are released. So will have plenty of favorites that I want to read in July.

Read Good Omens, for my June sci fi, challenge and watched the first couple of the Prime Series. I do like both but enjoyed the book a little more. Wil watch the rest of the series when I have more time.

So far my challenge is on track. I was a little ahead last year but that's ok.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:45 AM   #107
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Half a year in to the challenge and I'm doing well. I'm almost 1500 pages ahead of my average since 2012, this month I'm right on target.

My other challenge was to finish all the series I had going on on January 1. I've just got two more series to finish, each have three books left (one to be released in August), so that shouldn't be a problem.

In September I'm going away for a week on my own, my "reading retreat". Which means I can get extra reading done. I'm really looking forward to it.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2019, 04:24 AM   #108
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Here we are at the start of June, and I'm now only 18 books up on the start of the year.

I might get my TBR down by the end of the year after all!
Except that here we are at the end of June, and I'm 24 books up on the start of the year.

It's not so much that I've bought a lot of books this month (13 in total) but that I've been reading some very long books, and some re-reads. So only 7 books finished this month, and only five of those were previously unread books!

(The last three finished books had page counts of about 740 each, and my current book is around 1100 pages, compared to my usual reads of around 200-300 pages.)

All of which ends up with a TBR pile at 1040 at the end of the month, up 24 from the start of the year. The thing is - I don't regret any of my purchases this month!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #109
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, Galaxy Tab A (2017)
Looking at my current goal, I'm still a little behind, but not terribly (particularly after I renumbered the list correctly).

Looking at past lists, though I find I've read books which I have no idea what they contain... I guess that's good for rereading; if only I knew whether a reread is worthwhile.

... and can i count it as a new read, if I don't know I read it before?

Last edited by Dngrsone; 06-30-2019 at 02:10 PM.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 05:45 PM   #110
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
I'm on target to read 180 books this year, well up from the last couple of years. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be doing much to reduce my TBR -- in fact, rather the opposite. This is, in large part, because I'm doing a lot of re-reading. The good news is that because of that re-reading, and because of getting many of my books from the library, I've actually reduced my per book cost to ~$0.80.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #111
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW 2 3, HDX, KBasic 5, 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I'm doing excellent on reading goals. I finished 86 of 100 book goal so far. Really, better, than I expected considering that I'm back to doing most things since my injury last Fall. Finished 5 out of the 25 magazines, so I have to step that up a bit too.

TBR and budget are both blasted. Actual $$ output was way less though and I actually returned a couple.

One of my personal goals this year was to complete several long series. I have 10 books each, left in the 87th Precinct series (55 books) and Diskworld series (41 books). Yay!! Both of these will be completed this year. I've finished 6 other, shorter, series this year as well. Progress!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:54 AM   #112
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A, iPad (1st gen)
I finished two books this week, bringing my grand total up to 4 for the year! A far cry from past years when I'd finish over 70 books by the end of the year.

This is the first year I haven't done much reading, since getting my first ebook reader and keeping a list of books. I think over the past ten years, I've always read at least 60 books (and over 100 books a couple of years ago.)

I have another one that Kobo says I'm 86% of the way through it, and when I'm finished, I think I'm going to pick up the pace with some lighter reading and try to get through at least 10 books before the year is out.

I've been spending this year getting settled into a new routine at home and I haven't included books into the mix. Maybe next year.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #113
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have now met my 100 book target! Yay!! I blew the budget long ago and this month was really no improvement. My TBR grew by leaps and bounds this year even if I don't count the Story bundles and Humble bundles. Ok, but I'm going to do BETTER in August. I have 4 Audible credits and then can cancel and stop being tempted by sales.

Left is to finish another 20 magazines and I have no shortage of those.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:48 PM   #114
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 4
July was okay for me. It started out slow, but last week's heat wave helped; I had three extra days off work and it was too hot to do much than sit as still as possible in front of a fan.

This weekend I started a reread of Stephen King's It before the second part of the film is released. I'm planning on enjoying it (even though I've must have read it a dozen times) and taking it slow.

I've also started another reading journal. Taking notes about the books I read. Not just a summary of the story, but also my own thoughts. It'll slow me down a bit, but it'll force me to think about what I read.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 04:24 PM   #115
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Ended July with 38 read. So I did a little better this month. Still on track for my goal of 52 read. Also read one sci fi book each month for my challenge.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 04:26 AM   #116
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I think I'm going to have to write off my TBR goal after my third consecutive month in the red. I'm doing pretty well on controlling my spending, but have picked up a lot of freebies. This has a knock-on effect on my "conversion rate" target.

My Morningstar goal is possibly disastrously off-target, too, but since the award was canned this year I'm not so bothered about that. My goal was based on there being 5 more shortlisted books this year, but there aren't going to be any more shortlisted books ever.

Other than that, I'm happy enough. My King of the Mountains goal is complete, and the others are on target.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:15 AM   #117
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Goodreads informed me that I hit my 50 book target for the year yesterday. I have had a HUGE reading spike in July owing to a having a few physical ailments that side-lined me for a bit.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:53 PM   #118
Tarana
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post

... and can i count it as a new read, if I don't know I read it before?
I missed replying to your post. Most of us count rereads although I do mark them as a reread. Sometimes I have zero memory of having read it before and then, wow, I read it in 2013?! Still, it counts. You read it again, right?

Last edited by Tarana; 08-04-2019 at 09:48 AM.