Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #1
pascal jakobs
pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: prs-t1
kobo as raspberry pi display

Hello,
I'd like to know if it is possible to use my kobo as raspberry pi display as kindle (jail breaked) and android readers can do ?

Thanks
pascal jakobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
pascal jakobs
pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!pascal jakobs , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Preferably through usbnetwork
Old 07-19-2019, 07:06 PM   #3
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Yes. You can do this using fbink over SSH or netcat. Another alternative is to run a VNC viewer on the framebuffer or to use the Kobo web browser to display content (there is a full screen option in the config file IIRC).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:17 AM   #4
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes. You can do this using fbink over SSH or netcat. Another alternative is to run a VNC viewer on the framebuffer or to use the Kobo web browser to display content (there is a full screen option in the config file IIRC).
This is a nice idea...Anychance you have some instructions/how too???
lohtse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 08:51 AM   #5
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura Edition 2, Moto G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
This is a nice idea...Anychance you have some instructions/how too???
For which one? I've tried everything myself, but the VNC viewer is the most complex (and probably not the best idea unless you need the screen as-is).
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:34 AM   #6
pascal jakobs

Thank you geek1011, I'll give a look at "fbink over SSH or netcat" I want something as simple as possible, no GUI no VNC. I try to do something similar to http://ponnuki.net/2012/09/kindleberry-pi/.
Keep you advised
Have a nice day
Old 07-22-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Note that the (more recent) KindleBerry Pi stuff was mostly possible thanks to a native terminal emulator on the Kindle (kterm). Something which, in turn, was made easier because the Kindle ships w/ the GTK stack. And an X server .

On older, FW < 5.x devices, there was no X though, so this went through another native terminal app: myts.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 04:02 AM   #8
pascal jakobs

I'm too busy atm but I'll give a try to fbpad as https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=298877
looks very promising