Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 03:12 PM   #1
devlinmonty
devlinmonty began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
kobo mini

I recently picked up a kobo mini 2nd hand
I plugged into my MacBook and download the kobo app. it updated the reader and now it won't come back on
is there anything I can do or is the reader useless?
any help would be helpful
devlinmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
What do you mean it won't come back on? What happens (with regards to the lights) when you plug it in?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:54 AM   #3
devlinmonty

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
What do you mean it won't come back on? What happens (with regards to the lights) when you plug it in?
I get the green light then the blue then the screen flashes twice then hangs and nothing loads. I spoke to someone at kobo and they said when the reader updated it ended the use of the reader
is there anything I can do?
thanks for any help
Old 07-05-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You should try a manual factory reset. Instructions are in the Wiki at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Mini. If that doesn't work, you can try restoring an image to the internal SD card. The image is available if you need it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #5
devlinmonty

kobo n905

hi I recently picked up a kobo n905 2nd hand (it is stuck on the updating screen) have tried to reset and tried the pin in the back but nothing is there anything I can do or is it finished
Old 07-16-2019, 12:37 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Answer posted in response to the other request.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:29 PM   #7
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by devlinmonty View Post
hi I recently picked up a kobo n905 2nd hand (it is stuck on the updating screen) have tried to reset and tried the pin in the back but nothing is there anything I can do or is it finished
Devlinmonty: You will need to try updating it via a wired computer connection. If that doesn't work, see Davidfor's earlier reply higher up on the thread. Good luck!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote