Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre Collections Questions

Hey all,

Just put my order through for a PRS-505 and have already started putting my current collection of txt and html ebooks into Calibre. I just had a few questions I wondered if people could help me with regarding collections;

- When adding tags to a book, am I right in thinking this will then create a collection when I hook it up with my reader? If so, what if I also use a Series name. Will it then show up under two different collections or will one of them take precedence?

- With the series; do I need to put the number of the book in the title if I don't know them by heart or will the reader automatically have them by series number in the metadata? ie, Dark Tower 01 - The Gunslinger is in the 'dark tower' series with series number 1 and Dark Tower 02 - The Drawing of the Three is in the same series with the series number 2. Do I have to have the 'dark tower *book number*' to make sure they sort by number rather than title? If that doesn't make sense I apologise but have read it through a couple times and it does for me

- Finally; I understand it's best to use the US Sony Software so am assuming I should do this and activate it before connecting to calibre right? Is that likely to cause any problems?

Sorry for the big questions but want everything sorted before it comes I'm one of the few guys I know who WILL actually read an instruction manual and research before jumping straight in, much to the dismay of my colleagues as 'real men' apparently don't do that!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

K
Killian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
From my experience with the PRS-505:

Tags and series will both be converted to collections on the PRS-505. A book with the tag "Fiction" and the series "Zork Trilogy [1]" will be displayed as being in the collections "Fiction" and "Zork Trilogy" on the PRS-505.

Books in a series will be sorted (I believe) by ascending index number in the corresponding collection on the PRS-505, but the index number is not displayed on the PRS-505.

I've never used the Sony software, only Calibre.
TMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #3
Killian
Enthusiast
Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.Killian is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks TMF; exactly the answer I was hoping for. Will try loading a few of the books without the number in the title and see if it still holds them in the correct order as soon as I get it Don't think I'm even going to bother with the Sony software.
Killian is offline   Reply With Quote