Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #286
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is this PI now broken?
now Fails to launch FF 57.0.4
Calibre 3.13 W10x64
I don't know the full answer to your question but it seems to be OK on my setup:
Win10 64
Calibre 3.15
Chrome 63.0.3239.132
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #287
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Is this PI now broken?
now Fails to launch FF 57.0.4
Calibre 3.13 W10x64
Works OK for me too on win 10 x64 with calibre 3.15 and FF 57.0.4 or chrome
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 PM   #288
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Thanks.
Obviously something is blocking it on my rig
Time to do another malware scan.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #289
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK this is weird. I reinstalled the PI, then restarted Calibre.
As soon as Calibre exited 10 browser sessions (my searches) fired off.
When Calibre restarted, it now works
Old 02-18-2018, 04:19 AM   #290
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I'm trying to add the current month and year to the link, like:
program:list_item(today(),1 , '-') = 02
program:list_item(today(),0 , '-') = 2018

But it doesn't work, it only works with columns.
Is it possible to add the date to the link?

Last edited by oren64; 02-18-2018 at 07:23 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 07:26 AM   #291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
I'm trying to add the current month and year to the link, like:
program:list_item(today(),1 , '-') = 02
program:list_item(today(),0 , '-') = 2018

But it doesn't work, it only works with columns.
Is possible to add the date to the link?
"today()" returns a string, not a list. The following should do what you need:

Code:
program: format_date(today(), 'yyyy')
program: format_date(today(), 'MM')
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:11 AM   #292
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
"today()" returns a string, not a list. The following should do what you need:

Code:
program: format_date(today(), 'yyyy')
program: format_date(today(), 'MM')
Both do the same thing, this why I used list_item so separate them to year and month.

But this is not the problem, it doesn't activate the program in the link, I'm doing something wrong or it's not possible.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv_b/?search-alias=stripbooks&unfiltered=1&field-keywords=&field-author={author}&field-title=&field-isbn=&field-publisher=&node=&field-p_n_condition-type=&p_n_feature_browse-bin=618073011&field-age_range=&field-language=English&field-dateop=After&field-datemod=program: format_date(today(), 'MM')&field-dateyear=program: format_date(today(), 'yyyy')&sort=relevanceexprank&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.x=50&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.y=
I did add two custom column for the month and year and it's working okay, but I think it's a waste.

Last edited by oren64; 02-18-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #293
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Both do the same thing, this why I used list_item so separate them to year and month.
OK, I misread what the problem was.
Quote:
But this is not the problem, it doesn't activate the program in the link, I'm doing something wrong or it's not possible.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv_b/?search-alias=stripbooks&unfiltered=1&field-keywords=&field-author={author}&field-title=&field-isbn=&field-publisher=&node=&field-p_n_condition-type=&p_n_feature_browse-bin=618073011&field-age_range=&field-language=English&field-dateop=After&field-datemod=program: format_date(today(), 'MM')&field-dateyear=program: format_date(today(), 'yyyy')&sort=relevanceexprank&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.x=50&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.y=
I did add two custom column for the month and year and it's working okay, but I think it's a waste.
I doubt using general program mode like that will work. It needs something to tell the parser being used that the template is starting. But, template program mode should work:

Code:
{:'format_date(today(),'yyyy')'}
{:'format_date(today(),'MM')'}
Edit: The list_item will probably work as well. But, I'll stick with treating a date as a date.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 AM   #294
oren64
I need a chapter break

Thank you, template program works.

I did change the templates so it will show the previous month.

Month.
Code:
{:'contains(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 01, 12, finish_formatting(subtract(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 1), '.0f','',''))'}
Year.
Code:
{:'contains(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 01, finish_formatting(subtract(format_date(today(), 'yyyy'), 1), '.0f', '',''), format_date(today(), 'yyyy'))'}

The URL will show the future book releases by author, amazon.com, kindle edition, English language.

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_adv_b/?search-alias=stripbooks&unfiltered=1&field-keywords=&field-author={author}&field-title=&field-isbn=&field-publisher=&node=&field-p_n_condition-type=&p_n_feature_browse-bin=618073011&field-age_range=&field-language=English&field-dateop=After&field-datemod={:'contains(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 01, 12, finish_formatting(subtract(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 1), '.0f','',''))'}&field-dateyear={:'contains(format_date(today(), 'MM'), 01, finish_formatting(subtract(format_date(today(), 'yyyy'), 1), '.0f', '',''), format_date(today(), 'yyyy'))'}&sort=relevanceexprank&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.x=50&Adv-Srch-Books-Submit.y=

Last edited by oren64; 02-19-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #295
bkennelly
bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bkennelly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Search entries for Google Play Books:
Attached Files
File Type: zip stip_google_play.zip (1.0 KB, 303 views)
bkennelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:16 PM   #296
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
OK this is weird. I reinstalled the PI, then restarted Calibre.
As soon as Calibre exited 10 browser sessions (my searches) fired off.
When Calibre restarted, it now works
This just happened again Exactly the same. except it is now FF 65.0 64bit (and Calibre 3.39.1 x64)
Is there something different about the browser call, that gets somehow fixed just by removing and reinstalling (uses the existing config) the PI??
Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 PM   #297
Mondriaan
Mondriaan began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Nice thank you But

The plugin crashes Calibre and i have to restart, non the less a very usefull addon that i payed a donation but please check the bug.
Mondriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:46 PM   #298
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondriaan View Post
The plugin crashes Calibre and i have to restart, non the less a very usefull addon that i payed a donation but please check the bug.
We need more information than that. What version of calibre? What OS? Are there any error messages? What actually happens with calibre?

And for the record, I have no issues with the plugin on calibre 3.44 on Windows 10.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:44 PM   #299
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

Was wondering if there was a way to program the plugin to go to specific internet sites without having to use a book search?

Would like to program it to go to Goodreads or Amazon or other places without having to use a book to start a search. Just open the plugin and click to a set url.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:55 PM   #300
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Just add an entry without the parameters. Or the use the full URL of the page that you want to go to. Putting just "https://www.goodreads.com" in the URL field works to open the Goodreads home page.

Tags
book details, search the internet