Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 01:14 AM   #1
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Note 10.3 overheat

Hi!

Does anyone having overheating issues with WiFi or surfing website? I tried leaving the browser on landing page of a news website and the devices heated up very quickly. The heat started to rise in just 2 minutes from the mid-left side of the devices then spread out rapidly. I have to turn off wifi and browser as I’m afraid any damage to the screen might occurs. I’m having 2 boox notes and this happens to both of them.

I’m not sending the devices back for checking up just yet as I’m hoping this is just a software issue (I’m having the latest software update). Please share if you’re seeing the same issue.
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
BrathWait
BrathWait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Boox Note
Yes, I have the similar issue and I am a bit surprised no one else responded to this post.
BrathWait is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2018, 01:35 AM   #3
CoryHamma
eBook Junkie
CoryHamma began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
It is possible that the news web site has a lot of scripts/ads that run constantly, and keep the processor busy. Does it do the same behavior when you are using it to take notes or browse eBooks?
CoryHamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
I don't have any issues using the Brave browser. Try using Brave as it will block ads.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #5
Primus_Pilus
Supervillain Consultant
Primus_Pilus began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX 10.3, Kobo Aura ONE, Aura H2O
Install ad-blocking software of your choice and see if it cuts the heat.
Primus_Pilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert