Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 02:11 PM   #16
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
The one that comes to mind is EA, which is an app that has a bubble on the screen. Tap it and you switch immediately to the last-use-ed app, swipe on it and it either shows favorites or does some user-defined action.
For that, if the multitouch of the boox allows more than 2 fingers, you should try GMD gesture control. I think is one of the first I will try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnick View Post
I also would use root - through 3C Toolbox - to stop apps (system apps included) from starting in the first place, or forcing apps to be disabled/uninstalled even if conventional non-rooted methods don't give you that option. Whether this is really beneficial beyond scratching a personal itch is a matter of debate I suppose.
Din't knew about that, I always used autostarts to stop the launching alone apps. I'll take a look to it.

thanks, this thread is proving really useful, from no ideas to 1 week of trying new things. Can't wait to have it this week
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:30 AM   #17
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

as other said, I've been able to root with king and move later to supersu with supersume easily.

thanks

Last edited by whopper; 07-12-2018 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #18
whopper
Addict

Can anyone more with root do a test for me?

I don't know if I just lost my mind, but before root, page up < lowered the volume and > increased it, and right now < increases and > lowers it.

Last edited by whopper; 07-12-2018 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #19
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Device: linux desktop
Decided today I want to play around with root capabilities, but kingroot on windows keeps failing.
eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 02:08 PM   #20
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eater View Post
Decided today I want to play around with root capabilities, but kingroot on windows keeps failing.
I reinstalled root on the 1.9.1 yesterday using kingroot and worked fine.

1. use kingroot windows, android apk doesn't work
2. Be sure you accept the popups that will appear in the tablet
3. use supersu-me pro to delete kingroot and move to supersu
Old 09-06-2018, 03:31 PM   #21
eater
Enthusiast
eater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it iseater knows what time it is

Strange, I tried half a dozen times, using the Windows download from kingroot.net. It reboots the tablet at around 30%, then chugs along to about 70% and then says Failed.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #22
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Strange, I tried half a dozen times, using the Windows download from kingroot.net. It reboots the tablet at around 30%, then chugs along to about 70% and then says Failed.
if the tablet reboots, then you need to start again. wait, turn off, turn on again, start kingroot and be sure to look at the tablet. if you skip any of the popups that will appear, the process will fail

if I remember correctly, 3 popup where you need to click ok/accept should appear. 1 or 2 at the beginning and then another at 25% or so

Last edited by whopper; 09-06-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:15 AM   #23
eater
Enthusiast

Yes, I got those.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #24
eater
Enthusiast

Got it to work! I used a different Windows machine and for some reason that did the trick.

Now I'm running GMD Gesture Control: the Max 2 has 2-finger multitouch only, as far as I can tell, but that's enough.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:36 PM   #25
whopper
Addict

Quote:
Got it to work! I used a different Windows machine and for some reason that did the trick.

Now I'm running GMD Gesture Control: the Max 2 has 2-finger multitouch only, as far as I can tell, but that's enough.

glad it worked.

Last edited by whopper; 09-07-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #26
whopper
Addict

Quote:

btw, doest it happen to you that the gestures on the screen don't match on the program?

Nevermind, it can be adjusted with 270 degrees on the advanced settings.

Last edited by whopper; 09-08-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:55 PM   #27
eater
Enthusiast

Thanks! I knew it was being a little weird but I wasn't sure how to fix it.
Old 09-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #28
shinynickler
shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Have Onyx Boox S. Had 1.9.0, rooted with kingroot, then removed with supersume. Updated to 1.9.1, root stopped working, tried to reroot with kingroot but didn't work. Both PC and android versions, tried on 2 PCs. One PC rebooted at 25% then stopped at 51%. The other one never rebooted, just stopped at 51%. Never received popups.
shinynickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #29
shinynickler
shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'shinynickler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinynickler View Post
Have Onyx Boox S. Had 1.9.0, rooted with kingroot, then removed with supersume. Updated to 1.9.1, root stopped working, tried to reroot with kingroot but didn't work. Both PC and android versions, tried on 2 PCs. One PC rebooted at 25% then stopped at 51%. The other one never rebooted, just stopped at 51%. Never received popups.
Uninstalled an app called soft keys, which also happened to slow down the onyx note s, then kingroot worked. Seems like root process more successful if you have more RAM available.

Last edited by shinynickler; 09-10-2018 at 06:12 PM.
shinynickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:52 AM   #30
keithwwalker
keithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmoskeithwwalker has become one with the cosmos

Device: Boox Note 10.3
Red face

I have achieved Root using this method as well.
Not my preferred way to root, but it has been a while since I did root a device and this worked quickly.

Now to try to install a CPU governor app to see if I can reduce screen latency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaoging View Post
Thanks to Windsor1959 at XDA, I have rooted my Boox Max 2 using KingRoot (not Kingoroot). After rooted, I used SuperSU Me (app I bought from Play Store) to change the root access manager to SuperSU but you can just use the original KingRoot manager.

Original post in XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-note-t3778552
keithwwalker is offline   Reply With Quote