Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 AM   #1
zeekles
zeekles began at the beginning.

Device: Sony / iPad (ePub)
Question Marvin - Custom Column Sync with Calibre

Hi All,

I apologise if this is a duplicate post (please just point me in the right direction if so), but I just wanted to clarify a few things with regards to custom columns in Calibre and Marvin.

When I sync Marvin from my iPad to Calibre, I seem to lose some of the custom settings - ratings, read status and reading list status to name a few. What is the primary record for these, and each of the custom Marvin columns, and is there some way to stop this happening?? It's very frustrating. I'm nervous that some of my annotations etc might also be missing, but I have no way to verify this as I'm at a loss to remember which ones I have done since the last sync. I am going to keep a record this time and check.

In the meantime though, I always do my ratings in Marvin as soon as I finish the book when I mark it as read, plus I also clear it from the Reading List and move the next in the series into the list. I was planning on using the ratings to update my GoodReads review, but since I now have no idea if the ratings in my Calibre (or Marvin) lists are my own, or the imported ratings, I can't do that.

Help??

Thanks all!! Be happy, safe and well
zeekles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, custom column, marvin, sync