Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
No Micropay anymore at Fictionwise

Frogalum at the Nook forum mentioned this.
No Micropay anymore at Fictionwise.
Link to the Fictionwise Micropay faq:
https://www.fictionwise.com/help/MicropayFAQ.htm

At sign that the agency 5 books will be back at Fictionwise soon?
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Figured that would be the next thing to go.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I'll have to see if there are any indie or Random House books I even vaguely like so I can run down my micropay balance and get out before they shut down. 'Cause that's the inevitable next step...
(sigh)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Folks who don't have their purchases backed up yet now might be a good time to do it.

Thankfully my micropay is down to $1.41
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
*sigh*

What a shame. Oh well.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #6
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I guess the writing's been on the wall for a while. I requested (and received) a refund for 5 years' worth of Buywise membership a couple of months ago, and I have my Micropay balance down to $.26. It's really a shame, because until a few months ago Fictionwise was my favorite ebook store, and none of the others came anywhere close.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Been a FW customer practically since they started - I thought the B&N buyout would mean their eventual doom, but I'll be truly sad to see them go.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Micropay balance: $0.28

I suppose that's a write-off; I don't think they have any books that cheap; I think the short stories start at about fifty cents. (Hm. Maybe someone could start a thread for "recommended fictionwise multiformat books to use up your micropay.")

Very sad to see FW dying; I liked their multiformat books, and thought they had one of the best bookstore interfaces--no annoying animations, useful search engine, no weird hassles with checkout.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
Dellaster
本の虫
Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Dellaster has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle3, DXG, Fire · iPad, iPod
The writing was on the wall but I'm still sorry to see it happen. I got my Micropay down to $0.09 in anticipation of something like this. I was too paranoid.

Quote:
If you have an existing balance you may still use it until it is exhausted.
No sudden cutoff or, it appears, any limitations that didn't exist before. I didn't need to rush in spending my micropay after all.

-- Ted
Dellaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
RyanMWilliams
Author
RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!RyanMWilliams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook WiFi
That's too bad. I always liked that about Fictionwise, but then I haven't been buy e-books from them since my last Palm OS device died. I do have the files saved at least. Need to get a Nook so I can start reading again.
RyanMWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #11
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I've been an employee on the hard side of 2 buyouts, And seen, close in, many others. When a company buys the place you work for, you think that they like your company and will keep it up. You WANT to think the best. Never happens.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #12
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Micropay balance: $0.28

I suppose that's a write-off; I don't think they have any books that cheap; I think the short stories start at about fifty cents. (Hm. Maybe someone could start a thread for "recommended fictionwise multiformat books to use up your micropay.")

Very sad to see FW dying; I liked their multiformat books, and thought they had one of the best bookstore interfaces--no annoying animations, useful search engine, no weird hassles with checkout.
It appears that you can still use that micropay. You can now use your micropay along with a CC payment. Though maybe $0.28 isn't enough of a discount to entice you.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #13
nikkers
tragic
nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nikkers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPAQ classic
Micropay was such a great idea for overseas customers .As you could money in and only pay one foreign currency trans fee. Oh well Baen still has micropay. Gift certificates are just more fiddly at all the shops.
nikkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Ouch - I have about $300 in Micropay at FW. Guess I'd better try to find something to spend it on, which isn't easy these days if you're outside the US.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #15
falchion
falchion
falchion began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Mini, Sony PRS-T1
Just used up most of my micropay balance as well as downloaded my bookshelf(just in case) at fictionwise
I suspect the previous comments may be correct, that this could be the start of the end of fictionwise
I've used fictionwise since I started using a palm pda to read ebooks, a good number of years ago. Shame to see it get swallowed up
falchion is offline   Reply With Quote