Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM   #226
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is that sleeve big enough to hold the T1 while the T1 is in a cover?
Doesn´t look like it in the photos...
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #227
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
For Anyone with the Gecko Luxe - can you fold it all the way back round so you can read one handed? Is it comfortable like this? how about with the non-luxe version?

thanks

Last edited by Mr Fujisawa; 02-15-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #228
andreaf
andreaf began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
Shame it´s so far (I´m from Argentina) but I´d prefer this http://www.amazon.co.uk/UltimateAddo...473060-8458408

Maybe I can get it manufactured here somewhere! Thanks for the page
Susaz, yo también soy de Argentina y estoy buscando una funda para el prs-t1.
¿Algún dato? Gracias
andreaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #229
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Mr Fujisawa - See my earlier post #157 about my blue one. It does indeed fold back nicely, and I'm quite delighted with mine.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #230
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
After looking through all the links to different covers/cases for the T1 I think I've found one I really like at M-Edge, the grey felt Holmes style. It isn't listed as T1 compatible like the similar Bennett so I contacted them about it and they e-mailed me within minutes to say that it had been fit-checked and was compatible with the T1. I really wanted a cover that had a light and this will work out great with their e-Luminator that's 50% off with purchase of a compatible cover. In addition, I found the M-Edge Pays To Share offer that will get me an additional 20% off which takes the total down to just the price of the cover!

I think this will look really nice on my red T1. I've been making do with storing it in the Oberon cover for my 505 which protects it fine on my nightstand but doesn't hold it secure enough while in use; I've tried reading on my T1 without a cover but it just isn't comfortable for me.

Last edited by MarciaCat; 02-15-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Poor spelling, oops!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #231
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
After looking through all the links to different covers/cases for the T1 I think I've found one I really like at M-Edge, the grey felt Holmes style. It isn't listed as T1 compatible like the similar Bennett so I contacted them about it and they e-mailed me within minutes to say that it had been fit-checked and was compatible with the T1. I really wanted a cover that had a light and this will work out great with their e-Luminator that's 50% off with purchase of a compatible cover. In addition, I found the M-Edge Pays To Share offer that will get me an additional 20% off which takes the total down to just the price of the cover!
Let us know how it fits when it arrives! I've tried my T1 out in a couple of case versions that M-Edge advertise as compatible and found that either the case straps overlap the T1's hardware buttons a bit, or the elastic straps at the top overlap the screen a bit. They're not entirely satisfactory to my mind.
chrisridd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #232
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
I've got the Go cover by M edge. I love the way it feels. Yes, at the bottom, it slightly covers the silver buttons on each side, and getting to the on/off button is a little harder. But it is worth it for me for the way it feels compared to the original cover and being able to use the M edge lights. LOVE the lights!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #233
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post

I think this will look really nice on my red T1. I've been making do with storing it in the Oberon cover for my 505 which protects it fine on my nightstand but doesn't hold it secure enough while in use; I've tried reading on my T1 without a cover but it just isn't comfortable for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
Let us know how it fits when it arrives! I've tried my T1 out in a couple of case versions that M-Edge advertise as compatible and found that either the case straps overlap the T1's hardware buttons a bit, or the elastic straps at the top overlap the screen a bit. They're not entirely satisfactory to my mind.
Will do! I'll also post pictures. I know what you mean about the straps covering the buttons; I had that issue with my 505 and the Oberon cover with the power button and the elastic strap but that was a minor offense overridden by the beauty of the cover.

I can't wait for it to arrive!!
Old 02-16-2012, 05:58 PM   #234
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Mr Fujisawa - See my earlier post #157 about my blue one. It does indeed fold back nicely, and I'm quite delighted with mine.
Thanks mate, will order.
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #235
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fujisawa View Post
Thanks mate, will order.
I love my Gecko Luxe for my T1. So much so, that I ordered one for my GF's Kobo Touch.

Hugely disappointed in the Kobo iteration. It was like it came from a different factory. No flap to secure the reader inside the cover, as with the Sony, no pockets on the left, and worst of all, the "cutout" (the opening for the screen) was rough, with rough edges that I had to clean up with an X-Acto knife.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #236
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
My M-Edge Holmes Jacket for Kindle and E-luminator light arrived Wednesday. It's a perfect fit for the T1 although as you suspected, the strap does cover a portion of the power button but it's still accessible. It really is a lovely cover and comfortable to hold. I haven't need to use the light yet but I did test it out and it seems to give off a good even lighting on all three levels; I also discovered it's real easy to accidentally turn it on.

All in all, I think it was a good value, the cover is very well made, the stitching is nice and straight (a pet peeve of mine! ) The one thing that would make it perfect would be if the strap could be used over the light when not in use to keep it in place, otherwise it's perfect.

As requested, here are a few pics-

-

Old 02-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #237
pietro
Enthusiast
pietro began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1, kobo auraHD
m-edge

I got the m-edge hard case with zip for my T1. If I recall I got it at Currys of Oxford Street in London - I had my T1 with me and tried a few of them - didn't want to have a suprise ordering an unseen one from the web. It just fits it and if it had one mm more it would be easier to reach the on-off-stdby button but it nearly perfect and I wouldn't change it as I am very happy with it. Well protective when closed and easy to handle while reading.
pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #238
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Yep, perfect fit as it cover part of the power button and the buttons on the left and right sides.

As for the light, I much prefer Sony's way of putting the light inside the cover instead of outside the cover.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #239
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yep, perfect fit as it cover part of the power button and the buttons on the left and right sides.

As for the light, I much prefer Sony's way of putting the light inside the cover instead of outside the cover.
Yeah, the buttons being partially obscured is a drawback but I can still get to the power button when I need it; the page back and menu buttons are accessible to my smallish fingers too. It's not perfect but I feel it protects my reader pretty well. I agree about the light being inside the cover but I only use the light when reading in bed so I just pop it off and put it in my nightstand drawer, being careful not to turn it back on, the darn things sure are easy to accidentally turn on, lol! I can also use it on p-books when needed. With the discount M-Edge had on cover plus light purchase combined with a 20% off coupon it was like getting the light free so that made it a good deal.

For me the lack of a strap or something to hold the cover closed and the price were the biggest drawback to the Sony cover. If they go to half price I might consider getting one though!

One peeve with the light though (and I'm sure it the same for other lights as well) is the glare off the glossy part of the Reader. In natural light the red is fine, but angle the light wrong and it's very distracting! I may have to bite the bullet and get a DecalGirl matte skin.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #240
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do happen to like the light cover for the T1 that Sony sells.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote