Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 09:28 PM   #346
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 03-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #347
cvfe13
cvfe13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Thank you very much, it works again ! ....
Old 03-30-2021, 07:05 PM   #348
cvfe13

Hello David
I have also an older Kobo Aura HD (??)
Model number : N204B
It is a 4 Gb SD Card inside.
Can I use the same SD Card image to flash it or have you a image for this model ?

Thank you
Old 03-30-2021, 07:53 PM   #349
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.

Each model needs its own image. The hardware is different enough that none can share. The only exception seems to be the Aura and Aura H2O.
Old 04-03-2021, 05:52 AM   #350
cvfe13

Thank you again for your reply
After flashing the SD card, It has worked for 5 minutes and stuck again ....
(five points on the boot screen)
I thinks it's a hardware problem
Old 04-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #351
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvfe13 View Post
Thank you again for your reply
After flashing the SD card, It has worked for 5 minutes and stuck again ....
(five points on the boot screen)
I thinks it's a hardware problem
There are two things you can try. Firstly a full factory reset. See https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...HD-or-Kobo-Nia for the method. This seems to solve some issues after using the images.

Otherwise, try a new SD card. If it is failing, it could be the reason for the original problem. And it is the only hardware you can change.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:13 PM   #352
cvfe13

My Kobo Clara is OK now ...

The problem was with my old Kobo Aura who is stuck again
I flashed the SD card with your firmware (for Aura of course)
I tried with 2 brand-new SD cards but it failed during boot sequence.
I think it is due to a hardware problem.
Nevermind
Thank you for your help
Old 04-18-2021, 06:34 PM   #353
daveachuk
daveachuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello -- appreciate those on here who are able to provide image files for those who need them!

And now I'm in need as well -- I've bricked my Kobo Clara HD and am wanting to get pointed in the direction of the image file to restore it.

All the best.
Old 04-18-2021, 07:08 PM   #354
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-20-2021, 04:51 AM   #355
Perro
Perro began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD
Hi,

I have a Kobo Clara HD that bricked due to the internal SD to be damaged.

I changed it, but I need a SD image in order to get it working back. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:16 AM   #356
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #357
LennartN
LennartN began at the beginning.

Hi!

I'm also in need of an SD card image for the Kobo Clara HD. Screen is frozen and neither soft nor hard reset seems to work. I'm hoping that a freshly formatted SD card may bring it back to life.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-26-2021, 11:31 PM   #358
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:38 AM   #359
LennartN
LennartN began at the beginning.

It worked! Thanks a lot, David!
Old 04-27-2021, 08:29 AM   #360
Brett Crisfield
Brett Crisfield began at the beginning.

Device: Kpbp Glo
Hi I have a Kobo Glo that has locked up/ Has anyone have an image of the sd card.
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue