Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 01:19 PM   #1
RobinSch
RobinSch began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Install a linux distro (debian prefered) on Kobo Clara HD

Hello everyone,

is there a way to install Debian on my Kobo Clara HD?
The screen is completely broken, so I can't use it. But if I could like ssh and still make it useful it would be nice.
RobinSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:03 PM   #2
raygj
Connoisseur
raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.raygj is just one insight away from self-actualization.

Device: likebook mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinSch View Post
Hello everyone,
is there a way to install Debian on my Kobo Clara HD?

The screen is completely broken, so I can't use it. But if I could like ssh and still make it useful it would be nice.
try a search on aliexpress for "kobo clara hd display" and you might find a replacement display to fix your broken claraHD.
raygj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 05:37 PM   #3
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
You'll want to look into debootstrap and recompiling the kernel so that it supports cgroups for systemd.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:03 AM   #4
RobinSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by raygj View Post
try a search on aliexpress for "kobo clara hd display" and you might find a replacement display to fix your broken claraHD.
I've already bought a new one (costed me nothing), the warranty / insurance covered it.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:04 AM   #5
RobinSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMa View Post
You'll want to look into debootstrap and recompiling the kernel so that it supports cgroups for systemd.
Is there any tutorial available for doing these kinda things, I've never done anything like this before
Old 04-01-2021, 07:29 AM   #6
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinSch View Post
Is there any tutorial available for doing these kinda things, I've never done anything like this before
Hmm, you could join us in the Mobileread discord, it would be easier to explain you how. Though, you need to have serial access to your Kobo, otherwise it will be difficult to know what's going on with boot process.

Feel free to join here:
https://discord.gg/x5Yq7n69
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara, debian