Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #736
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
This is the way to make it work on KA1 :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=690

But it make the reader buggy to me.
But maybe it comes from me...
Try it
ah okay, this one i got working -more or less- a while ago and i don't think it's you, it seems to be buggy. First I don't liked to reboot every time i switch the mode. Apart from that the reader was very unstable and suddenly rebooted itself randomly while reading. After the last reset all my books were gone and i sat in a hotel far away from home.
I did not try again...
Thats why I'm searching for a version which can be switched over the brightness control, like the one for H2O, without luck so far.

Last edited by the_Pan; 10-22-2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: thick fingers,small keys...
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 01:27 AM   #737
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Ok, so that's the same problems I have.

So we can tell that if you have a AURA ONE, night mod doesn't work right now.

Hope some developer will help with that... as this mod is a must.
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #738
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
For last firwmares (4.xxx) you can use this one : https://github.com/dbeinder/kobo-nightmode/issues/9
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #739
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
For last firwmares (4.xxx) you can use this one : https://github.com/dbeinder/kobo-nightmode/issues/9
I don't think that is a very good link to give. I was expecting a direct link to the hack, but, you have to find the reference in it. And that is to another issue which then has a link to version of the hack that was built for firmware version 4.2.8283 and beyond. And the direct link has been post here many times.

Just to be clear: The latest version of the nightmode hack is https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode. This is explicitly for firmware version 4.2.8283 and later. My understanding is that this still works, but there seems to be problems in turning it on and off for some devices. Personally, I don't use the hack, so I can't say anything more than that.

If you want to see the very first post about this version of the hack, look here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #740
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't think that is a very good link to give. I was expecting a direct link to the hack, but, you have to find the reference in it. And that is to another issue which then has a link to version of the hack that was built for firmware version 4.2.8283 and beyond. And the direct link has been post here many times.

Just to be clear: The latest version of the nightmode hack is https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode. This is explicitly for firmware version 4.2.8283 and later. My understanding is that this still works, but there seems to be problems in turning it on and off for some devices. Personally, I don't use the hack, so I can't say anything more than that.

If you want to see the very first post about this version of the hack, look here.
Oh sorry , I've paste the bad link... yours is the good one. You can find the link too in the bottom of the page on the wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Firmware_Releases !
Advert
Old 11-14-2017, 01:12 AM   #741
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I don't know if the problem comes from the night mode hack itself, or from the turn on/off hack... but I would guess it's from the turning on/off process.
But what I say is only for Aura One. Tried the hack on other device, and it works well.

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-14-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:28 AM   #742
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks yok, I used to use the tweaks, so I had never tried. I simply moved your script under the launcher directory and modified the kobo_launcher.ini file with
Code:
nightmode = nightmode.sh
and it works - thanks a million!

EDIT: I should add: the above works if you move nightomode.sh in the Kobolauncher subdirectoyr. Otherwise the command must be
Code:
nightmode = /mnt/onboard/.kobo/nightmode.sh /mnt/onboard
Hi there,
I'm trying to use night mode on aura one, but it looks like it doesn't work...
Tried both solutions above, without success.

Any help?
Thanks
Old 11-19-2017, 06:40 AM   #743
akorx
Addict

Hi,

I use nightmode plugin https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode with FW 4.6.9995 and all is ok except one thing : I can't disable the refresh page...

My .kobo\nightmode.ini has this setting :

refreshScreenPages = 0 # force refresh every X pages

Any idea to totally disable it ???
Old 11-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #744
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Hi,

I use nightmode plugin https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode with FW 4.6.9995 and all is ok except one thing : I can't disable the refresh page...

My .kobo\nightmode.ini has this setting :

refreshScreenPages = 0 # force refresh every X pages

Any idea to totally disable it ???
I'm not sure how that setting interacts with the option in the GUI. But, if you set the refresh to a large number, you probably won't hit the refresh before doing something else that triggers the refresh.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #745
stanlefor
Connoisseur

From my point of view, a great solution would be to use KoboLauncher (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=201632) to use night mode.
But I can't make it work.
If a developer could check that...

EDIT : Found the solution ! Working on firmware 4.6.10075
To make night mode work on aura one, without even have to reboot, do the following.
- Install KoboLauncher
- Install night mode

From here, maybe it could be optimized, but it works this way to me

- Edit nightmode.ini -> retainStateOverRestart = yes
- Copy the nightmode.png file from the archive to your flash root
- Safely disconnect your kobo reader from the computer
- After these steps you can see the launcher icon (see below *) on your kobo home screen or in your library. Open this icon in your reader before continue installation. You will see just a full-screen picture. Continue installation only if you can see it.
- edit .kobo/fmon/fmon_launcher.sh
add this line :
$root/.kobo/fmon/fmon $root/nightmode.png $root/.kobo/nightmode.sh
- reboot

Now when you choose nightmode picture, it switch night mode!

Hope It will works well to you and will be helpfull
Attached Images

Last edited by stanlefor; 11-20-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #746
akorx
Addict

I don't understand why nightmode is not a native function include in the FW... all the other manufacturers provide it with their devices . Indeed when you buy a car there are 2 headlights to drive by night, it's not a option; why it's not the same with a device that has got a light to read in the dark???

For stanlefor : this link https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode is really the best solution to have nightmode and it's very easy to install.

For davidfor : I will try to set the refresh to a large number to see if it's better... It will be something like this in my .kobo\nightmode.ini :

refreshScreenPages = 99

PS : sorry for my bad english... i'm french.

Last edited by akorx; 11-19-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:34 AM   #747
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Quote:
For stanlefor : this link https://github.com/gtalusan/kobo-nightmode is really the best solution to have nightmode and it's very easy to install.
I know, but before the trick I found above, if you know have a light switch button as on aura one, you can't launch the mode.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #748
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
I know, but before the trick I found above, if you know have a light switch button as on aura one, you can't launch the mode.
There are 2 modes : with a button you make a long press, and if you have no button you "define action 'toggleNightMode' on a (configurable) level of brightness and set and maintain that brightness level through Kobo UI for a (configurable) number of seconds"... it doesn't work???

PS : when you install a new FW, you have to reinstall nightmode plugin after... have you done it?
Old 11-19-2017, 10:47 AM   #749
stanlefor
Connoisseur

Quote:
There are 2 modes : with a button you make a long press, and if you have no button you "define action 'toggleNightMode' on a (configurable) level of brightness and set and maintain that brightness level through Kobo UI for a (configurable) number of seconds"... it doesn't work???
Indeed, I missed that solution...
But mine works anyway
Thanks for your help
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #750
BC60
BC60 began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Aura HD
Mmm, I did an update to fw 4.6.10075 on my Glo and Aura HD.
I Installed the kobo-nightmode patch on both, but I cannot get it to work.

Installed fw 4.6.9995 on my Glo, installed the patch, still no luck...

Is this patch not working on the newest firmwares?
What is the latest firmware that will work?
BC60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch