Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2016, 03:39 PM   #16
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Hemmi could be onto something here. I vaguely remember Sony's being a little less forgiving of 'bad' books, and the battery drain certainly could be being caused by a certain book.

You said you did a factory reset, but did you just load all your books again after the reset? If so, it might be worthwhile trying another reset, and this time only loading a small batch of books on at a time and checking for battery drain after each batch.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:19 AM   #17
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
Hemmi could be onto something here. I vaguely remember Sony's being a little less forgiving of 'bad' books, and the battery drain certainly could be being caused by a certain book.

You said you did a factory reset, but did you just load all your books again after the reset? If so, it might be worthwhile trying another reset, and this time only loading a small batch of books on at a time and checking for battery drain after each batch.
Thanks to all who have suggested here, all to no avail.

To sum up. - After a Factory hard reset or complete power down by removing the battery, totally then as out of the box, setup completed with no added book content, no WiFi, it still goes flat in a couple of days even in full shut down - completely off mode.

I have never had any helpful response from Sony, totally useless customer service.

So I guess I will have to give it up as a bad job.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #18
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Too bad you weren't able to figure a way to roll back the software. My T3 is my absolute favorite ereader, closely followed by my T2. The T2 isn't even upgraded to the Kobo store. I did update the T1 at one point, hoping it'd make it less buggy but, nope, it's still go the usual T1 bugs.

Is there a way to copy the firmware from someone else's earlier version and force that to install on yours? I don't have the computer skills to do that but I do have a T3 with good firmware if someone could tell me how to copy it, I'd be glad to send a copy of that to you.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #19
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Oh that's too bad. Sounds like bad hardware. It's a shame, even if partially understandable, that Sony can't help you out
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 11:07 AM   #20
jojosk
jojosk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-t1
As many others I have a bricked T3. The known issue appears to come up when trying to sync Calibre with T3 with text notes on it. The reader becomes stuck at the Opening book screen and is of no use since. My guess is that Calibre overwrites some files(or parts of) needed for the hard reset to work properly. It might have something to do with the obsolete Calibre T3 driver. This issue could have the same solution as The main topic of this thread hence I'm trying also here. Is there anybody able to provide an SD rescue package with the latest(or any actually) firmware? Rupor perhaps? I know few people who bricked their T3s this way. It's been the best beach reader I've tried and I really would love to use it a bit longer. Perhaps some donation could motivate someone to solve this...
jojosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:24 AM   #21
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Just a quick update, as the thread has been bumped anyway.
Looks like I was right about the T3 Kobo firmware upgrade being the problem. Kobo had a lot of problems with the early Aura one demonstrating the same problems as my T3.

I gave up on the T3 and now have a Kobo Hd and an Aura one, which is my absolute favourite with the larger screen size coupled with reasonably light weight. It is almost as good as the T3 was/ could have been.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:11 PM   #22
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
I wonder how many threads will be pested after this one...

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jososk.png
Views:	327
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	159193  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-30-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger the rabbit View Post
Just a quick update, as the thread has been bumped anyway.
Looks like I was right about the T3 Kobo firmware upgrade being the problem. Kobo had a lot of problems with the early Aura one demonstrating the same problems as my T3.

I gave up on the T3 and now have a Kobo Hd and an Aura one, which is my absolute favourite with the larger screen size coupled with reasonably light weight. It is almost as good as the T3 was/ could have been.
Nah! My H2O is far better than the T3 was/could have been.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 09:47 AM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines may be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote