Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #1771
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Yes, go ahead and post offers for all physical media - CDs, DVDs, VHS, vinyl, etc.

Sorry about the delay. I forgot to post it.
Bad monkey! 😸
Click image for larger version

Name:	sparkywildplay.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	156884
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #1772
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free rental from Microsoft...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...kgwznrn1b/0056

Stalingrad (2013)
2 h 10 min • Russian (English subtitles)
Quote:
A band of determined Russian soldiers fight to hold a strategic building in their devastated city against a ruthless German army, and in the process become deeply connected to a Russian woman who has been living there. In Stalingrad, directed by Fedor Bondarchuk, the scale of the battle contrasts dramatically with the human drama of the Russian soldiers, the few remaining civilians and their invaders into Stalingrad.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:24 AM   #1773
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but all of my music and video gets digitized and becomes as much a part of my mobile media library as ebooks do.

90% of my music collection, which lives on my server (which in turn feeds all the household devices as well as my iPod and Sansa Clip) started out on CDs.
But you can digitize physical books and other physical reading material, too. Once you get used to it, you can OCR a physical book, and have it in digital form in a snap.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-20-2017 at 12:27 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:28 AM   #1774
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Free rental from Microsoft...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...kgwznrn1b/0056

Stalingrad (2013)
2 h 10 min • Russian (English subtitles)
Darn, subtitles. I no longer like watching movies with subtitles. It forces me to pay complete attention to the movie. I like to multitask while watching videos.

When I was a teen, I once saw an American movie (Fantastic Voyage) in a Japanese theater. The soundtrack was in Spanish with Japanese subtitles. We had no clue as to what was being said. We didn't care, we were there for the eye candy - Raquel Welch
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #1775
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Given a choice I'll almost always watch in the original language with subs than watch a dub which half the time completely changes parts of the movies story. Not that all subs are perfect, but they're usually a closer translation to the original.

I remember first seeing Fantastic Voyage as a kid and being fascinated by it.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:26 PM   #1776
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
DVD boxes...

Sherlock Holmes (Ronald Howard, complete) - $5.89
https://www.amazon.com/TV-Guide-Clas...dp/B00VX21VAM/

The Avengers (complete Emma Peel) - $19.96
https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Comp...dp/B00E5G03I4/

The Equalizer (complete) - $29.99
https://www.amazon.com/Equalizer-Com...dp/B01LWQNC93/

The Rebel (complete) - $27.67
https://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Complet.../dp/B00X99RMUU
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #1777
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
DVD boxes...
The Avengers (complete Emma Peel) - $19.96
https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Comp...dp/B00E5G03I4/
Why don't these sets ever include the Honor Blackman seasons?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #1778
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

*sigh*
Old 05-21-2017, 12:45 AM   #1779
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Well I guess if we're going to start posting physical media deals here I'll post this one as it's quite a bargain...

Dredd [3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UltraViolet] - $3.74
https://www.amazon.com/Dredd-Blu-ray.../dp/B005LAII80

NOTE: Price is for Prime members only.

This item is now marked - Usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #1780
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Why don't these sets ever include the Honor Blackman seasons?
cc, these boxes are Region 2, so you will need a Region 2 or region-free player.

complete series 2 and surviving series 1 - 27.39 GBP
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Co...dp/B002GPNKFO/

complete - 98.00 GBP
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Co...dp/B00JF0V88E/
Old 05-21-2017, 07:18 PM   #1781
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Jazz CD box sets...

The Best of Blue Note - $6.99
https://www.amazon.com/ICON-Best-Blu...dp/B00HZMRR4I/

Art Blakey - 5 Original Albums - $9.47 + 3.99
https://www.amazon.com/5-Original-Al...dp/B01KL0L9DK/

Frank Sinatra (1939 - 1952) - $6.18
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JKJ0XTA/

Modern Jazz Quartet - OAS - $14.39
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B008MMFBOS/

Dave Brubeck - Time OAC - $14.58
https://www.amazon.com/Original-Albu...dp/B003924NZ4/
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 PM   #1782
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post

Frank Sinatra (1939 - 1952) - $6.18
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JKJ0XTA/
Looks like there are a few tracks on there I don't have. Thank you!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #1783
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Oh my, I think that I'm going to have to abandon this thread . . . .
Old 05-21-2017, 10:45 PM   #1784
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Looks like there are a few tracks on there I don't have. Thank you!
You might be interested in the new DVD releases of the Sinatra Timex shows, each with two shows: Volume 1 and Volume 2.

The quality of the clips I've seen posted so far doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over what's already in wide circulation (e.g., at the Internet Archive), but I ordered anyway since these are the official releases and fairly inexpensive ($8 and $9).
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:03 AM   #1785
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
You might be interested in the new DVD releases of the Sinatra Timex shows, each with two shows: Volume 1 and Volume 2.

The quality of the clips I've seen posted so far doesn't seem to be much of an improvement over what's already in wide circulation (e.g., at the Internet Archive), but I ordered anyway since these are the official releases and fairly inexpensive ($8 and $9).
When you get them, can you let me know what the quality is like? I have the IA ones also and I'm considering getting these, but... so many things on my wishlist already.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere