Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-30-2023, 09:56 AM   #1
chipbeaulieu
chipbeaulieu began at the beginning.

Device: Mac
VS Code Mac Development Environment

New to Sigil Plugin Development.

I am using VS Code to develop an edit plugin for Sigil. My question is how to set up VS Code / imports, etc. to allow me to see properties and methods of the bk starting object.

When I say "see", I would like VS Code Intellisense to show available methods and properties, etc. of bk and its child objects, etc.
chipbeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 08:42 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Or just get and read the plugin dev docs and use any handy text editor

The source is there as well as examples. You would probably be better off checking out the python source of some other edit plugins.

Sorry I never use VS so I can't help you with that.

The majority of the plugin source code can be found here:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...unchers/python

And the C++ routine to interface with it is in Sigil/src/Dialogs/PluginRunner.cpp in case you are interested in how the interface actually works, but everything you really need to know can be found in the Sigil Plugin Framework guide:

https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...ork_rev14.epub

Last edited by KevinH; 06-02-2023 at 09:10 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 10:52 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I use VS a lot, but I don't try to use the Code Intellisense with anything other than the stock Python built-ins. I wouldn't begin to know how to incorporate pypi or custom modules. But then I don't use VS's code completion (which drives me absolutely bonkers if left turned on) or property/method hints when typing. I only use it for code highlighting, section collapsing/expanding, and syntax checking.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-05-2023 at 10:54 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plugin development