Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2019, 05:58 PM   #1111
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I've got the latest firmware on my Forma, and ever since the update, it's not actually sleeping when the cover is closed. It's also been turning the wifi back on and opening up the store on it's own. (And unless a ghost is in my purse playing with it, it really is doing it on its own)

Additionally, I'm having the same issue that a previous poster had with my battery life. Prior to this update, the time I had my Forma hooked to my PC to add/move books from Calibre was enough to keep it at max charge. Now it can be fully charged and be dead/at 1% less than 8 hours later when I go to pick back up in my reading.

Last edited by Ladyrixx; 05-09-2019 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:32 PM   #1112
FredMercury
Kobo User
FredMercury began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Mobi book place not remembered

Since software update in April, the reading place is not kept in mobi books. epubs are fine. Resetting device had no effect. Neither did latest update.

Product: Kobo Clara HD & Aura
Firmware: 4.14.12777
Plugins:
File types:mobi
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:Sideloaded
On external SD:No
Steps to reproduce: occurs on multiple mobi books
Current result:
Workaround: convert mobi to epub in Calibre - a nuisance
FredMercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2019, 01:22 AM   #1113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMercury View Post
Since software update in April, the reading place is not kept in mobi books. epubs are fine. Resetting device had no effect. Neither did latest update.

Product: Kobo Clara HD & Aura
Plugins:
File types:mobi
Sideloaded or from Kobobooks:Sideloaded
On external SD:No
Steps to reproduce: occurs on multiple mobi books
Current result:
Workaround: convert mobi to epub in Calibre - a nuisance
This isn't new to 4.14.12777. I remember testing it a while ago. And that it was prompted by something here. But, I can't find the discussion.

I always recommend converting MOBI to epub or kepub as the MOBI doesn't support annotations or dictionary look up. I believe there are also some layout issues, but I don't remember what they were.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #1114
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I only use Mobi to test very old Kindles. Old mobi, not dual format or really KF8 mobi.
A Mobi converted to AZW3 works best on Kindle and converted to epub works best on almost anything else.
Amazon upload (even for publishing KFX / AZW using KDP) will accept KF8 mobi and give better results than doc or docx (I convert Libre Office sourced docx in Calibre).
Otherwise I can't see that mobi is much use for any ereader since about 2014 if you have Calibre on Linux/Mac/Windows.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #1115
Dfaure
Enthusiast
Dfaure began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2 & Aura HD, Cybook Muse
For the record, the backlight bug on Aura HD I noticed previously that I found both in v4.13.12638 and v4.14.12777 seems at least to have been corrected in v4.15.12920.

Reading at night will be comfortable again!

Erratum: At startup, the light is now activated by default, but the previous state is still ignored.

Last edited by Dfaure; 05-31-2019 at 01:39 PM. Reason: issue not really fixed
Dfaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2019, 11:04 PM   #1116
konomikitten
konomikitten began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konomikitten View Post

Bug: Opening up table of contents menu and pressing the back button in any cbz causes an error then the device will eventually reboot.

Solution: None I can find.
For reference this bug is fixed in 4.15.12920.
konomikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #1117
terry.nz
terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.terry.nz is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfaure View Post
For the record, the backlight bug on Aura HD I noticed previously that I found both in v4.13.12638 and v4.14.12777 seems at least to have been corrected in v4.15.12920.

Reading at night will be comfortable again!

Erratum: At startup, the light is now activated by default, but the previous state is still ignored.
I'm having a problem with this firmware version, just recently installed on my Kobo Glo. It's interesting that this firmware has supposedly fixed a backlight bug, as it's just created a backlight bug on my ereader.

Now when I turn it on the backlight appears to be operating, even though it was switched off when last powered down. What's even more surprising is that when clicking the backlight button it brightens slightly and it takes a second press to have it turn off again.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Terry
terry.nz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 05:25 PM   #1118
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
I've updated my Forma to the 4.15.12920 firmware, and the "getting stuck upside down" bug is back. Add to that a "Kobo keeps going to sleep at random times while I'm actively reading" bug
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #1119
Nemo1984
Connoisseur
Nemo1984 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
A bug I'm currently having on Kobo Glo HD 4.15.12920.
It is set to French Canadian. However, the keyboard is AZERTY, like in France. It should be QWERTY.
Nemo1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #1120
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by taos View Post
If screen refresh is set to "Chapter", the screen doesn't refresh between the last page of the old and the first page of the new chapter but between the first and the second page of the new chapter. Firmwares affected by this bug are both 4.8.x versions and at least the last of the 4.7.x versions (if I remember correctly). Screen refresh between chapters used to work when this feature was introduced (in 4.6.x?).
With 4.15.12920, I don't see this problem anymore. I never used the 4.14.x firmware but the bug was still present in 4.13.x.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 04:18 PM   #1121
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
I've updated my Forma to the 4.15.12920 firmware, and the "getting stuck upside down" bug is back. Add to that a "Kobo keeps going to sleep at random times while I'm actively reading" bug
The "Kobo keeps going to sleep at random times while I'm actively reading" bug is present also on my KA1, and I don't remember when it is started.

I tought that was because of I did something wrong... No, it is really a bug.

Last edited by ps67; 06-18-2019 at 04:21 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:26 AM   #1122
SelbyL
SelbyL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Apologies if reported already. I have a Kobo Aura (original) and updated it's too the latest firmware4.15.12920 . On turning the Kobo on from an off state the backlight defaults to on (1%) but the backlight icon is not present. Putting the Kobo to sleep in this state, backlight stays on. Is there a fix?
SelbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 12:47 PM   #1123
walterhenderson
walterhenderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.nz View Post
I'm having a problem with this firmware version, just recently installed on my Kobo Glo. It's interesting that this firmware has supposedly fixed a backlight bug, as it's just created a backlight bug on my ereader.

Now when I turn it on the backlight appears to be operating, even though it was switched off when last powered down. What's even more surprising is that when clicking the backlight button it brightens slightly and it takes a second press to have it turn off again.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Terry
Yes, I'm having the exact same problem, also with a Kobo Glo. I noticed that the problem generally occurs when I turn off the device (putting it in sleep mode). Even if I have the backlight off when I'm reading during the day, the light turns on when the device is put to sleep. So, if you don't notice it right away, the light will stay on while the device is off, consuming battery.
walterhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:15 PM   #1124
FredMercury
Kobo User
FredMercury began at the beginning.

Latest software update says it has fixed this problem. Haven't checked yet. Thanks
FredMercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #1125
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Hello all guys.

As you have noticed, I have no more time to dedicate to this thread.

I think the best solution is to move the first posts to the wiki, open another thread and close this one.

'Bye!
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocket app