Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-20-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
shivahoj
shivahoj began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
removing author name from title?

Hello,
i have a lot of ebooks in various formats, where the title is "Authors_firstname Authors_lastname - Title_of_ebook" and the author field holds the correct authors Ln, Fn.
like this : Rosamunde Pilcher-Wechselspiel der Liebe / Pilcher, Rosamunde

I tried a lot of different plguns to remove the autors name from the title, but no luck so far.
I cannot be the only one with this problem.
How do you guys solve this?
is there a plugin that removes all occurences of the contents of the author field from the title field?

Shivahoj
shivahoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Job Spy Quality Fixes: Auto-Added & Manually Selected

Using your example data, I tested the JS plugin's tool for quality fixes to ensure it still worked since you said you had tried a lot of different plugins. Yes, the JS tool still works properly. JS has 61 tools. Always check there first.

Note that the JS Quality Fix tool was originally designed to automatically "fix" all auto-added books. I then added the ability to selectively fix specific books via manual selection (the example attached).

Read the ToolTips in JS Customizing (shown in the menu) by hovering your mouse over each checkbox etc.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	job_spy_plugin_metadata_tool_for_js_quality_fixes_selected_books_menu_path.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	171526  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags