Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #16
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Either of these options would be great.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

After looking at the cmake documentation, I think it should be doable. I may also change the build to use a shared library version of the google gumbo parser since a ctypes interface to it already exists. That would allow the user to use a full fledged, validated html5 parser inside a plugin without needing to add much. In fact, with some planning we may be able to offer a few types of other Sigil services via a bi-directionaly interface.

So if any plugin developer would like any of these types of features, please let me know and I will try to add them for the next experimental release of Sigil.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2015, 08:03 AM   #18
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

I would find the spell checker useful for my plugin for tidying up epubs which have errors caused by scanning text in as PDFs and then converting them to epubs.
Another thread (can't remember which) also mentioned that it is not possible to access just the currently viewed section (or selected sections) under 'Text' in a Sigil file. I would find it useful to be able to do this for my plugin.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
Accessing just the current tab only is not high priority. If you want people to only edit a specific file, simply use a gui in your plugin to allow them to select whatever they want. See the gui sample code in the plug-in dev thread for examples.

That said, I may eventually extend the plugin interface to build and pass along a text file indicating the current tab or the set of highlighted files, but that will come later if at all. Plugin devs could then decide if they want to use it or not in their specific plugins.

Take care,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalibUser View Post
I would find the spell checker useful for my plugin for tidying up epubs which have errors caused by scanning text in as PDFs and then converting them to epubs.
Another thread (can't remember which) also mentioned that it is not possible to access just the currently viewed section (or selected sections) under 'Text' in a Sigil file. I would find it useful to be able to do this for my plugin.

Thanks
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #20
CalibUser
Addict

Hi,
I have developed a plugin for correcting hyphens that should not be present using an extra dictionary.

As this plugin forms part of a larger utility, I have put it in its own thread: Plugin for tidying ePub files (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=264378).
Advert