Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #42331
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, and NookColor. 2 Droid, 1 Win8 ePUB rdrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Who are you, and what have you done with the real poohbear_nc?!
That's what I was wondering. Isn't OUR Poohbear terrified of spiders?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:30 PM   #42332
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This week one of my cousins took it upon herself to organize a gathering for just the cousins, something I hadn't expected to happen. She gave us three dates and the one where most cousins can come will be the date of the gathering. We'll be going to restaurant in the forest/national park we always went to with our grandparents, and where we scattered my grandmother's ashes.

The date most people can come is September 30. I've already let them know that I'm away on vacation that week. They concluded that because of that I CAN'T come. Which is not true. I'm vacationing in the same national park, a 15-20 bike ride from the restaurant. It's more of a case that I won't come. Especially not when I'm on vacation, it would ruin my week with anxiety. But they don't have to know that. I'm not like a certain cousin.

Is it bad that it already makes me happy to think of not having to go through not only my social anxiety thing but also my family anxiety thing. I'll have a nice relaxing week, and Sunday, I can introvert to my heart's content, read, paint, sketch, game, whatever I want.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #42333
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 8+ & iPad Pro
Quote:
The real Poohbear died of liver failure and was replaced with a clone.
Dylrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 06:52 PM   #42334
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Maybe it's because of my new super powers?

Or all those Lucas videos posted in another thread?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #42335
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Meet Herb ... cute little devil isn't he?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Herb.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	172022  
Old 06-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #42336
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
EEEEEEeeeeeekkk -- NO!

Per your sig line, perhaps Mr Chicken should eat HIM!
badgoodDeb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 08:21 PM   #42337
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!

But he's so adorable when he rears up on his hind legs and waves those oversize front legs in the air
Old 06-21-2019, 11:02 PM   #42338
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 8+ & iPad Pro
Worry not of the spider, but of the spider's prey.
Dylrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #42339
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
All this talk of spiders... I had to kill a fisher spider that was trying to gain entry into the house yesterday. This particular fella was about 3 inches wide. They are in the wolf spider family, are aggressive, and can be lethal to small pets. As we are kitten-readying the house, this guy was an absolute no-go.

(My wife has never been so frightened by a spider in her life)
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #42340
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
But he's so adorable when he rears up on his hind legs and waves those oversize front legs in the air
EXACTLY like Hairy Potter! You guys remember, when we first arrived here at this new place, about 10 years back and we had Quentin Tarantoola and Hairy Potter, the tarantulas? And Hairy got into a p*ssing contest with Mr. Hitch, over ownership of the garage, and charged at Mr. H? Front legs up in the air?

HILARIOUS. Mr. H (who's been a test pilot in his life, not your normal chicken, mind you) jumped about 2 feet. I wish I had video!!!

Hitch
Old 06-22-2019, 04:12 PM   #42341
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Watching The Mummy (1999) on Netflix, whilst playing Children of the Nile.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:43 PM   #42342
poohbear_nc
Be Afraid! Very Afraid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
All this talk of spiders... I had to kill a fisher spider that was trying to gain entry into the house yesterday. This particular fella was about 3 inches wide. They are in the wolf spider family, are aggressive, and can be lethal to small pets. As we are kitten-readying the house, this guy was an absolute no-go.

(My wife has never been so frightened by a spider in her life)
Understandable ... large members of the wolf spider family can be quite aggressive ... and scary!

Herb is a modest 1 cm in size and unlike most of his relatives, has shown no tendency to bite me ...
Old 06-23-2019, 08:42 PM   #42343
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A746, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10
Reading Slush Pile Hell, a blog by a literary agent giving selected samples of stuff in queries from authors, and the agent's reaction to them.

Hilarious.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 08:44 PM   #42344
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Reading Slush Pile Hell, a blog by a literary agent giving selected samples of stuff in queries from authors, and the agent's reaction to them.

Hilarious.
______
Dennis
SlushPileHell is one of my all-time fave reading experiences. SlushPileHell, CakeWrecks, NotAlwaysRight and ClientsFromHell are all rave favorites of mine.

ETA: As near as I can tell, he hasn't added to it in about 4-5 years, though.

Hitch

Last edited by Hitch; 06-23-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: ETA: Added the "I should mention..."
Old 06-25-2019, 11:00 AM   #42345
Rumpelteazer
Wizard

I've gotten a new jewelry tool today; a set of crimping pliers. I still have an hour or so before dinner so I think I'm going to get creative and try out my new pliers.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?