Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Installing/Running Plugins

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I thought I'd start a thread because I can't be the only idiot out there.

I'm running Sigil 0.8.0 (and thanks to all of you who are keeping Sigil alive!) on a MacBook running OS X 10.9.5. I installed two of DiapDealer's plugins — KindleImport and PunctuationSmarten — by going to the new Plugins menu, selecting Plugin Manager, and clicking on Add Plugin.

I made sure that the Python instances were correctly identified (I left Python 2.7 pointing to /usr/bin/python and pointed Python 3.4 at /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/Python).

I have tried to run each script from the Plugin menu. I get a Plugin Runner window. When I click on the Start button, the status switches to "running" and the thermometer bar twirls... but nothing happens. I tried selecting text first (with PunctuationSmarten) or opening a mobi file with the Open command (hoping that KindleImport would kick in), but still, nothing.

As I said, I'm sure I'm missing something obvious... but what?
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
One of the obvious things: sometimes it happens that plugin window is covered by other windows - so you don't see it. Try testme plugin from KevinH - it doesn't open any windows but just runs.
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
Some things.

1. I think both plugins have a GUI interface. So please make sure a new window has not by chance opened underneath something else on your Desktop. Try moving the Sigil window around to see if something popped up underneath it. If so move them to a free spot on your screen and DiapDealer's plugins are smart enough to open things up there next time.

2. Please make sure you are using the latest versions of his plugins as things have changed since our alpha release. The latest versions have version info in the names.

3. Perhaps something is messed up with your Python support for gui widgets Tk. To test, try installing and running the testme_v0.1.0beta.zip plugin available from the official site. it should run a bunch of tests and add a silly test xhtml file to the open book. Please verify if that works. if so, you probably have a broken version of TkTCL installed. Early Mavericks versions had that problem. I can point you to the proper TkTCL installer linked to from the Python.org site which fixes this Mavericks bug.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 09-29-2014 at 03:03 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
David Kudler
Enthusiast
David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'David Kudler knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
Thumbs up

I meant to get back here a while ago.

Yes, the Python compiler was opening behind the Sigil window; dunno why, but since I figured that out, everything has worked as advertised.

Thank you.
David Kudler is offline   Reply With Quote