Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-24-2023, 12:56 PM   #1
mdovell
Zealot
mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mdovell could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle DX
Calbre thoughts

Coming from a Kindle DX I do have some questions. I've been using calibra and it works quite well however in using it I did not turn off the settings for it to be a Kindle dx. I do not see hobo Ellipsis as a choice in calibre's Wizard. Which one should I pick?

I think the biggest annoyance tends to be in using the pen to touch a hyperlink* without* trying to highlight a circle. Technically I can fish using my fingernail but other forms of making a point I don't want to risk breaking the screen.

I think overdrive works well but I'm going to disappointed in that they haven't included newspapers and magazines. But I'm using calibre for that.

Some other thoughts I include would be would there be any thought of making text to speech?
mdovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 01:56 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If page size, pick tablet. Those choices have to do with resizing images. Tablet choice means just copy.

I only use the pen for notebooks or scribbling/annotate a PDF. I use finger for epub, and if link is too small like a superscript [3] I make it the whole word and delete the superscript tag in Calibre editor.
Here in Ireland the local library uses Libby for magazines / comics etc and Borrowbox for books, so I use an android eink for that.

I still have a Kindle DXG.

Last edited by Quoth; 02-24-2023 at 01:59 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2023, 05:28 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
If page size, pick tablet. Those choices have to do with resizing images. Tablet choice means just copy.
That's useful to know!
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote