Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 01:12 AM   #16
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinParish View Post
I don't think there are too many Sony Reader customers here at MR...
Well ... if you count users in the device forums, the Sony forum is usually #2 or #1 in total user count. Or you could check the current page of this thread, in which five out of the seven people who list a reading device (not counting you) list at least one Sony Reader.

*waves the flag of the Silver Sony Brigade*

(and of course, since I referred to "the current page", the thread paginated right before my post)

Last edited by Worldwalker; 07-19-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #17
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Yikes, good point...sorry about that
MartinParish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Good point, and thanks - I've appended links to both versions below.

Kindle version, 2184

Smashwords version, 2184
You might want to edit your first message to add the links.

Also, can you please find a smaller image?

<Moderator>

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
MartinParish
Author of 2184
MartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-booksMartinParish has learned how to read e-books

Excellent point - both links are now in the first post as well, and thanks.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:09 AM   #20
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good luck with your book !
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #21
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thank you so much for publishing on smashwords! I think every device (including kindle) is covered on there.

I had this afternoon free and wanted something for a break between the F Paul Wilson books (Repairman Jack) I have been reading. I picked your book, and once I started, I just couldn't put it down!

This story made me look at my world and think about what is happening today (and how we treat species). I loved the central character and found the actions, reactions, and thinking of the people believable. I wondered how I would act and it made me wonder about the younger generation today.

I guess, chilling is a word that would fit for what it made me feel as I read.

Thank you for the very enjoyable time I had reading your book.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #22
MartinParish
Author of 2184

Thanks! very kind of you to say so
hey, as long as somebody enjoys it, that's wot it's all about
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 PM   #23
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Well ... if you count users in the device forums, the Sony forum is usually #2 or #1 in total user count. Or you could check the current page of this thread, in which five out of the seven people who list a reading device (not counting you) list at least one Sony Reader.
*waves the flag of the Silver Sony Brigade*
Blue 700 here
The majority of our members are actually sony/kindle split. With Nook and Ipad taking the 3rd and 4th place..

And you're in my cart right now.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #24
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Link 404 on Amazon.co.uk

Martin

Heads up that there is some activity on the Amazon Kindle Facebook page from folks wanting to buy 2184 after reading the sample but getting an error saying this is not a functional page. A search for 2184 on Amazon UK shows the book is not even listed anymore.

Is this intentional or is there an error with Amazon?
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #25
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
Not at Smashwords either!

Comes up as 'no longer published at Smashwords'. The author profile at Smashwords says the author has not published any books.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:39 PM   #26
MartinParish
Author of 2184

Quote:
Originally Posted by suecsi View Post
Martin

Heads up that there is some activity on the Amazon Kindle Facebook page from folks wanting to buy 2184 after reading the sample but getting an error saying this is not a functional page. A search for 2184 on Amazon UK shows the book is not even listed anymore.

Is this intentional or is there an error with Amazon?
Sorry it took me so long to reply! I haven't logged in for a while, last couple months have been a little crazy.

Anyway, I de-listed the book -- in other words, took it off of sale on both Amazon and Smashwords. It was doing really well for a while -- it hit #7 on the UK Kindle bestseller list -- but then it started to get some critical reviews, and I guess I must just be thin-skinned or something but I started to feel a little embarrassed, so I de-listed it. Silly, I know...but hey, it sold very well for a while -- over a thousand copies on that side of the pond alone -- and it's made me over a thousand dollars, which is far more than I ever hoped when I self-published it. And it was fun while it lasted, which after all is what it's really all about

Anyway, thanks again for asking. I didn't have any idea anyone was asking about it on a Facebook page, but then, I'm not on Facebook, so I sincerely apologize to anyone who was looking for it and couldn't find it.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #27
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
So it's not available anymore? I was interested in reading it. Don't worry so much about critical reviews. Everyone gets them, even the big dogs.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:48 AM   #28
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Quote:
I don't think there are too many Sony Reader customers here at MR...but for any of you that own a Sony Reader, 2184 is now available in that format as well at the following link:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/mar...00000000241063
I guess you don't follow the Sony Forums here at MR ... They're among the most active on the board!
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 AM   #29
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm a bit saddened that you took your book down. I have about 200 books on my list to read so I've got some time for you to reconsider and put your book back up for sale.

It looked interesting and thought provoking.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #30
MartinParish
Author of 2184

Thanks for saying so! -- I guess I might as well go ahead and put it back up again, although I feel pretty silly now . I didn't realize anybody still wanted it. At least all this is a good thing in a sense since the UK version originally featured US spelling (Amazon offered the same version on both sides of the pond) so this gives me a chance to correct that little problem...