Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

View Poll Results: Is my first attempt at marketing my new book good enough?
Yes 4 66.67%
No 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #1
DennisKAvery
Dennis K. Avery
DennisKAvery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
FREE for download today - The Knowledge - Adult Humour

Following his divorce, Dennis Avery suffers a breakdown and finds himself on a downward spiral of despair. He is targeted by two strangers he meets in a pub, and his life takes a dramatic turn. He is recruited and finds himself plunged into an exotic world of pick-up artists, internet dating, seduction, short-term relationships and casual sex.

Using controversial techniques, Dennis sets out to regain his confidence and to improve his skills with women, but at what cost? Can his life really be changed so easily? Who are his new mentors? What are they really after?

Frequently outrageous, sometimes funny and often naughty - based on a true story - The Knowledge will take you on an incredible and unexpected journey.

Adults only 18+

Please review!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Knowledg.../dp/B00FFGD2NQ

Last edited by DennisKAvery; 09-29-2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Added link
DennisKAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
You really need an Amazon.com link as well.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 AM   #3
DennisKAvery
Dennis K. Avery
DennisKAvery began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Amazon.com

Thanks, but something strange was happening here in the UK. Colleagues were reporting that the .COM link was not allowing the free download. Only .co.uk was. Weird, huh.
DennisKAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
Hmmm, I want to download it... but it said this:

Kindle titles for your country are not available at Amazon.co.uk.
Please shop for Kindle titles at Amazon.com.

My country is the Netherlands and it uses amazon.com for Kindle.
I am not sure what happen if I change my country tho... can I just change it like that?

Any chance you can also put it on Kobo?
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisKAvery View Post
Thanks, but something strange was happening here in the UK. Colleagues were reporting that the .COM link was not allowing the free download. Only .co.uk was. Weird, huh.
Odd. I didn't have any problem getting it. I had to change the url to the .com and then search for the book, but it was there and it was free.
Quote:
The Knowledge [Kindle Edition]
By: Dennis K. Avery
Sold By: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

$0.00
Item(s) Subtotal: $0.00
----
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Tax Collected: $0.00
----
Total for this Order: $0.00
It sounds like they must have had a computer glitch somewhere.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
I tried the way you did and it is not free for me.

Dennis K. Avery (Author)

Kindle Price:
$6.04 includes VAT* & free international wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet

I guess free if your kindle country is UK or US. Heh.
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #7
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noritje View Post
I tried the way you did and it is not free for me.

Dennis K. Avery (Author)

Kindle Price:
$6.04 includes VAT* & free international wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet

I guess free if your kindle country is UK or US. Heh.
It's no longer free here either. Though here it's only .99 instead of $6.04. I'm assuming most of that is the VAT.