Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-23-2023, 06:12 PM   #31
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Oh, I think I see some confusion here. AO3 doesn't have 'genres'; it combines freeformtags and ao3categories (fandom). From the default.ini:

Code:
## AO3 doesn't have anything it calls 'genre'.  The adapter used to be
## hardcoded to include the site specific metadata freeformtags &
## ao3categories in the standard metadata field genre.  By making it
## configurable, users can change it.
include_in_genre: freeformtags, ao3categories
Does freeformtags have entries?
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:44 PM   #32
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Oh, I think I see some confusion here. AO3 doesn't have 'genres'; it combines freeformtags and ao3categories (fandom). From the default.ini:

Code:

In my experience the ao3categories gives you M/M, Gen, M/F type of information.

This is what my code looks like and it works, except for restricted stories.

Code:
include_in_genre: freeformtags
Code:
custom_columns_settings:
 comments=>#reviewcount,r
 collections=>#collections,r
 kudos=>#kudoscount,r
 ao3categories=>#categories,r
 chapterslashtotal=>#chapterslashtotal,r
 restricted=>#restricted,r
 genre=>#newgenre,r
When I was using a test install of Calibre to figure this out ao3categories did populate the genre column on restricted stories, however the problem is that I don't want M/M, M/F in my genre column. The "Additional Tags" from AO3 still did not download in my test environment.

Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 07:20 PM   #33
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:

Code:

I'm not sure what you mean by "does freeformtags" have entries? If you mean in the AO3 story, then yes, that's one of the things I checked. Some authors do not use "additional tags."

Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 05-23-2023, 07:29 PM   #34
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if they appear in the longtext column. Sorry, brain-fog's starting to get me right now so my questions aren't too good.
Old 05-23-2023, 07:42 PM   #35
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
if they appear in the longtext column. Sorry, brain-fog's starting to get me right now so my questions aren't too good.
For non-restricted stories the "genre" information appears in the longtext "saved metadata" column. if the story is restricted on AO3, then genre does not appear in the longtext "saved metadata" column.
Old 05-23-2023, 11:36 PM   #36
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Odd. Genre doesn't even exist in the longtext columns for my for my AO3 stories. Freeformtags and ao3categories does though. Do those two (well, just freeformtags for you) appear as expected on the restricted stories?
Old 05-24-2023, 03:36 PM   #37
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Odd. Genre doesn't even exist in the longtext columns for my for my AO3 stories. Freeformtags and ao3categories does though. Do those two (well, just freeformtags for you) appear as expected on the restricted stories?

ao3categories appears in the longtext column on restricted stories, freeformtags do not.

For non-restricted fics this is what appears for "genre" in the longtext column:

Code:
<p><span class='label'>Genre</span>: <div class='metadata list' id='freeformtags'><ul>
Old 05-25-2023, 11:35 AM   #38
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Yeah, that doesn't exist for me. I wonder if because I'm using the defaults.
Old 05-30-2023, 03:10 AM   #39
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Yeah, that doesn't exist for me. I wonder if because I'm using the defaults.
Would you be willing to share your login credential free version of your personal.ini with me? I'd be curious to see what would happen if I used your settings.

Thanks,
Amalthia

p.s. just in case English isn't your first language, I think there is a way to share personal.ini without the login information. that's what "credential free" means. It's the "view safe" personal.ini option.

Last edited by Amalthia; 05-30-2023 at 03:12 AM. Reason: clarifying an idiom to be on the safe side
Old 05-30-2023, 11:07 AM   #40
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I will PM.
Old 05-30-2023, 02:49 PM   #41
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
I will PM.
Thanks! I'm going to try my hand at using your settings on a test install and see what happens.
Old 06-03-2023, 10:08 AM   #42
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
With my settings, this is what the front page looks like. The result seems to be as expected. I actually don't use the "genre" tag for Ao3 and just use the separate tags for them.

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
category_label:Fandom

include_in_genre:
## freeformtags, ao3categories
use_view_full_work:true

ao3categories_label:Category
chapterslashtotal_label:Chapters

keep_in_order_ao3categories:true

add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 chapterslashtotal=>#ao3_chapters

add_to_replace_metadata:
 ## Changes line breaks to paragraphs
 description=>(<p>[-+*;.]*<\/p>)+=>

## Items to include in the title page
## Empty metadata entries will *not* appear, unless .SHOW_EMPTY is
## appended.  Eg: titlepage_entries: ..., characters.SHOW_EMPTY,
## ships,... will always display Characters, but only show
## Relationships if there are any.  You can include extra text or HTML
## that will be included as-is in the title page. Eg:
## titlepage_entries: ...,<br />,summary,<br />,...
## All current formats already include title and author.
titlepage_entries:<div class="inline">,seriesHTML,category,rating,warnings,</div>,ships,additional_characters,freeformtags

## metadata ${title}, etc.  Make sure to keep at least one space
## at the start of each line and to escape % to %%.

titlepage_start:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
 <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
 <head>
 <title>${title} by ${author}</title>
 <link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
 <meta name="calibre-html-render-data" content='{"size": "A2", "margins": [0, 0, 0, 0]}'/>
 </head>
 <body class="fff_titlepage" style="font-size: 2.5vmax;">
 <div class="title">
 <h1><a href="${storyUrl}">${title}</a> by ${authorHTML}</h1>
 </div>
 <hr/>
 <dl class="tags">

## ${id}, ${label}, ${value}
titlepage_entry:
 <dt><b>${label}:</b></dt> <dd>${value}</dd>

## ${id}, ${label}, ${value}
## Used with entries listed in wide_titlepage_entries, typically description, storyUrl, authorUrl
titlepage_wide_entry:

## When using tables, make these span both columns.
wide_titlepage_entries:

## ${id}, ${value}
## For example, if you've set description_label:
## (that is, nothing)
titlepage_no_title_entry:

## metadata
titlepage_end:
 <dl class="stats">
 <dt><b>Words &amp; Chapters:</b> ${numWords} &bull; ${chapterslashtotal}</dt>
 <dt><b>Date:</b> ${dateRange}</dt>
 </dl>
 </dl>
 <hr/>
 <div class="tag-summary-content">${description}</div>
 </body>
 </html>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Back to the Seasons of My Youth.jpeg
Views:	162
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	201843  
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 04:01 AM   #43
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by culytera View Post
With my settings, this is what the front page looks like. The result seems to be as expected. I actually don't use the "genre" tag for Ao3 and just use the separate tags for them.
Hi,

Do additional tags download and appear on your title page and additional tags column if the story is restricted?

Thanks,
Amalthia
Old 06-04-2023, 04:24 AM   #44
Ghostcat
Enthusiast
Ghostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the huskGhostcat can grip it by the husk

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
I really liked culytera's titlepage so I thought I would adopt it. However, titlepage_start doesn't appear to work as advertised. I am probably missing a setting somewhere. This is the resultant HTML:

Code:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
  <head>
    <title>Harmony and the Olympians by Lunar_Raider</title>
    <style type="text/css">

body { background-color: #ffffff; }
.CI {
text-align:center;
margin-top:0px;
margin-bottom:0px;
padding:0px;
}
.center   {text-align: center;}
.cover    {text-align: center;}
.full     {width: 100%; }
.quarter  {width: 25%; }
.smcap    {font-variant: small-caps;}
.u        {text-decoration: underline;}
.bold     {font-weight: bold;}
.big { font-size: larger; }
.small { font-size: smaller; }
</style>

</head>
  <body class="fff_titlepage" style="font-size: 2.5vmax;">
<h1><a href="https://archiveofourown.org/works/45357574">Harmony and the Olympians</a> by <a class="authorlink" href="https://archiveofourown.org/users/Lunar_Raider/pseuds/Lunar_Raider">Lunar_Raider</a></h1>

<title>Harmony and the Olympians by Lunar_Raider</title>
<link href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css" charset="UTF-8" rel="stylesheet"/>
<meta name="calibre-html-render-data" content="{&quot;size&quot;: &quot;A2&quot;, &quot;margins&quot;: [0, 0, 0, 0]}"/>

<div class="title">
<h1>Harmony and the Olympians by Lunar_Raider</h1>
</div>
<hr/>
<dl class="tags">
<dt><b>Category:</b></dt> <dd>Book.Harry Potter, Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Rick Riordan</dd>
<dt><b>Genre:</b></dt> <dd>Crossover, Romance</dd>
<dt><b>Relationships:</b></dt> <dd>Harry/Hermione</dd>
<dt><b>Published:</b></dt> <dd>2023-02-26</dd>
<dt><b>Updated:</b></dt> <dd>2023-02-26</dd>
<dt><b>Packaged:</b></dt> <dd>2023-06-04 09:04:12</dd>
<dt><b>Warnings:</b></dt> <dd>Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings</dd>
<dt><b>Chapters:</b></dt> <dd>1</dd>
<dt><b>Words:</b></dt> <dd>4,548</dd>
<dt><b>Publisher:</b></dt> <dd>archiveofourown.org</dd>
</dl>
<hr/>
<div class="tag-summary-content"><!-- FFF_replace_br_with_p_has_been_run -->
<div id="FFF_replace_br_with_p_has_been_run">
<p>Harry starts reading a muggle series on a recommendation from Dudley. When Hermione sees he's taken an interest in reading, she immediately jumps to read the series alongside him. The two draw their own conclusions about their similarities with the series' two main leads, and it lends itself to a revelation for Harry.</p></div></div>
Note: I made a minor changes where my heading is <h1>${title} by ${author}
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:27 AM   #45
culytera
Zealot
culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.culytera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Hi,

Do additional tags download and appear on your title page and additional tags column if the story is restricted?

Thanks,
Amalthia
I don't use an additional tags column in Calibre, but the title page I attached is from the restricted story you linked and it has the additional tags. "freeformtags" is what FFF calls ao3's additional tags, so I renamed freeformtags' label to "Additional Tags" and added freeformtags to titlepage_entries as shown on my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcat View Post
I really liked culytera's titlepage so I thought I would adopt it. However, titlepage_start doesn't appear to work as advertised. I am probably missing a setting somewhere. This is the resultant HTML: [...]
That might be because of additional css changes I made which weren't included in the code I shared. Here it is
Code:
add_to_output_css:
 body {
  font-family: 'Netflix Sans', sans-serif;
  text-align: left;
 }
 body.fff_titlepage {
  background-color: #980101;
  color: white;
 }
 hr {
  display: block;
  border: 0; border-top: 1px solid;
  padding: 0; width: 75%%;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1,
 .fff_titlepage .title h2 {
  font-size: 3vmax;
  margin: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1 { font-weight: normal; }
 .fff_titlepage .title h1 a { font-weight: bold; } 
 .fff_titlepage .title a,
 .fff_titlepage .tags a,
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content a {
  text-decoration: none;
  color: unset;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content a {
  font-style: italic;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tag-summary-content p {
  margin-top: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage .tags {
  padding: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dd {
   display: inline;
   margin: 0;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dd:after {
   content: '';
 }
 .fff_titlepage dl .inline dt{
   display: inline-block;
 }
 .fff_titlepage dd { margin-left: 0.75em; }
 .fff_titlepage dl, .fff_titlepage dt { margin: 0; }

Last edited by culytera; 06-04-2023 at 05:35 AM.
culytera is offline   Reply With Quote