Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Windows Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2023, 07:04 PM   #1
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Looking to turn my older Surface into a textbook reader

I would like to be able to open textbooks and other larger format books and to be able to draw and write on the documents with the pen and have those annotations save and load next time I open the same document. Is this possible? Does anyone have good recommendations for software?
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 09:30 PM   #2
jhagri
jhagri began at the beginning.

Device: none
Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a popular PDF reader that supports annotation features. You can open textbooks and other large-format books in PDF format, use the pen to write and draw on the pages, and save your annotations. Acrobat Reader also supports syncing across devices.
jhagri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 04:58 AM   #3
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
I don't know why, but I couldn't get drawing annotations to work on the free version of Acrobat Reader. It works on Acrobat Pro, but that has other issues such as poor touch interface. It didn't seem to be able to distinguish pen from finger touch, so I couldn't switch between writing and panning/zooming seamlessly.

In the end the best app I found was Drawboard PDF. It's super intuitive. I'm just disappointed it's under a subscription-based business model because I would gladly pay a one-time fee for an upgraded version of the software. But the free version isn't bad. I was able to save the annotated version and transfer it to my e-ink devices without restrictions.
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 08:30 AM   #4
therealTOEBEANS
therealTOEBEANS began at the beginning.

Device: Android - KOReader - S22 Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305869 View Post
I would like to be able to open textbooks and other larger format books and to be able to draw and write on the documents with the pen and have those annotations save and load next time I open the same document. Is this possible? Does anyone have good recommendations for software?
Oh boy! I know what you need to do!

Microsoft OneNote can do that! It's even better, though: you can open all your notes on your phone to read anywhere, and whenever you draw on your phone or tablet or any other device, it updates within a second everywhere.

I've used OneNote on my Surface Pro, desktop PC, Phone, and web for many, many years. You can import any size PDF directly into OneNote and annotate away. Plus, it gives you massive margins which expand forever.

Fun fact: for my own personal reading, I often import large-form novels into OneNote to do active reading. It can load the whole thing up instantly... on my tablet, phone, web, whatever. It's maddening how robust it is.

You can invest in the payed version, but there is a FREE VERSION TOO! With all the features.

Cheers, mate.
therealTOEBEANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 03:32 PM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
MyWrite's Nebo is far better than OneNote. Windows Surface 3 or later, Android and iPad models with pen & digitiser.
Imports PDFs and notebooks from Kobo.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote