Notices

Old 03-21-2023, 03:26 AM   #1
nkormanik
Connoisseur
nkormanik began at the beginning.

Device: DavidAcisAAJ
Auto Scrolling One Page At A Time

Please include asap page scrolling.

Presently Calibre allows for line scrolling. Very nice.

I'd like to see a new page with each scroll. And some good way to control the speed of that page-at-a-time scrolling.

Thanks!
nkormanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:29 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
(IN VIEWER) Preferences Scrolling Behavior

Did you know tapping the space bar pages (screen full) forward?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 09:01 PM   #3
nkormanik
Connoisseur

Yes, if configured to default.

But good for only a single shot. Not good for more than one. Want new pages to keep showing up. Again and again. Like auto-scroll.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:39 PM   #4
nkormanik
Connoisseur

Sure look forward to being able to automatically page down. Seems a very reasonable thing to be able to do.

You know, like, do a page-down every 5 seconds or so (user selectable).

That way someone can just sit and read a whole book at a time. No muss, no fuss.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:00 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not for me, thank you. While I zip through most pages, I will slow down and think a bit about other pages. I have played with auto-scrolling and I was not happy with the results using any of the utilities I tried. Unless you know of one that will allow me to stop and cackle at a humorous bit of text...

Not to forget that 5 seconds per page with an average of 300 words per page (that will vary depending on your preferred font size) works out to 3600WPM. Now that folks, is a reading speed that most of us can only dream about.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:10 PM   #6
nkormanik
Connoisseur

Well, easy. User selectable speed.

And ability to pause, of course.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:54 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkormanik View Post
Well, easy. User selectable speed.

And ability to pause, of course.
So I watch the page and reach out to pause the page? Or when the last page of a paragraph has 1 line, I have to manually page forward. Sounds like very little gain over tapping the space bar to page forward every 15 seconds or so.

Your suggestion has the smell of a solution in search of a problem.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 10:03 PM   #8
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
You could make an autohotkey script click the spacebar for you, and set a hotkey for pausing, if you don't mind having to run that somehow, that's how I automated farming in minercraft lol
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:36 PM   #9
nkormanik
Connoisseur

Well, since no one seems to understand the use of such a feature, I won't hold my breath.

Otherwise, a good program.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:22 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[HTG] How to Make Your Windows Computer Press a Key Every X Seconds

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:31 PM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use a BT clicker as a footpedal?

Years ago I interfaced a set of pedals to the Joystick port to integrate audio playback control into a wordprocessor for audiotyping/transcription.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote