Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 05-20-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Viewer annotations in Calibre

I started to use the viewer for hightlights and adding comments.
In Calibre the icon «annotation» show all of them in a list.

But I cannot see them within the individual book details (metadata) nor can I filter calibre grid view for those books with annotation in the viewer.

Is there any metadata or column which show the annotation or at least a flag that there are some annotation?
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
AFAIK the viewer does not communicate BACK to the DB (bookmarks, notes).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Create a custom column with the annotations_count() function template https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...notation-count
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:13 AM   #4
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Thanks, Kovid. Works well
Old 05-25-2023, 06:03 AM   #5
Katja_hbg
Groupie

After using more and more annotation, I like to sort them by number.
But it seems the value is a string and therefore sorting is 1, 11, 2, 20, ...

I use a column with template program: annotation_count().

How can I change that to get the value as a number for proper number-sorting?
Old 05-25-2023, 06:13 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
After using more and more annotation, I like to sort them by number.
But it seems the value is a string and therefore sorting is 1, 11, 2, 20, ...

I use a column with template program: annotation_count().

How can I change that to get the value as a number for proper number-sorting?
Change the search/sort type for the column to "Number".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	201673  
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:20 AM   #7
Katja_hbg
Groupie

Thanks Chaley.
I missed that.