Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2023, 03:19 PM   #1
Naenyn
Naenyn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Drag & Drop Merging

Sometimes when I import multiple formats of a book into my library, Calibre won't recognize one of them due to metadata (generally the PDFs). However, in the past I was able to just drag the unrecognized one to the recognized one and Calibre would merge them without issue. Currently, I get a little denied symbol (circle with line through it) on my cursor when I attempt to do what used to work just fine.

This is on 6.17 running in Ubuntu 23.04.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Naenyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

See ==>> Preferences->Look and feel->Main interface->Allow using drag and drop to merge books.

The default setting is checked, you must have inadvertently unchecked it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:58 PM   #3
Naenyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
See ==>> Preferences->Look and feel->Main interface->Allow using drag and drop to merge books.

The default setting is checked, you must have inadvertently unchecked it.

BR
Thank you for the response! Sadly, it was already checked. I tried unchecking, saving, drag/drop (failed), checking again, saving, drag/drop again (still failed).

I can still highlight both and hit `m`, but I miss the drag/drop functionality.

Seems like a bug to me?
Old 05-18-2023, 06:14 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naenyn View Post
Thank you for the response! Sadly, it was already checked. I tried unchecking, saving, drag/drop (failed), checking again, saving, drag/drop again (still failed).

I can still highlight both and hit `m`, but I miss the drag/drop functionality.

Seems like a bug to me?
Must be a Linux 'deficiency' - there have been issues with the Wayland UI manager, if you're using it the Linux aficionados would suggest returning to X11.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:33 AM   #5
Naenyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Must be a Linux 'deficiency' - there have been issues with the Wayland UI manager, if you're using it the Linux aficionados would suggest returning to X11.
Could be a problem in Wayland. However, I'm on Xorg.
Code:
xorg-server 2:21.1.7-1ubuntu3
Open to other ideas / suggestions.
Old 05-19-2023, 09:08 AM   #6
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Drag and Drop is working for me using Mint 21.1.

bernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naenyn View Post
Could be a problem in Wayland. However, I'm on Xorg.
Code:
xorg-server 2:21.1.7-1ubuntu3
Open to other ideas / suggestions.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:42 PM   #7
Naenyn

Working for me again, as well. Looks like a recent update fixed it?