Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-27-2023, 06:51 PM   #1
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
Can't read/view epub?

Is it just me, or does the current version (6.14.1 for macOS) not like epub files? Every one I've tried to add cannot be read by Calibre. They do not have DRM as far as I know - I can read them otherwise, but Calibre says they're all bad.
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 07:27 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomom View Post
Is it just me, or does the current version (6.14.1 for macOS) not like epub files? Every one I've tried to add cannot be read by Calibre. They do not have DRM as far as I know - I can read them otherwise, but Calibre says they're all bad.
If calibre shows an error message. click the Copy to clipboard button and post it here.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 11:15 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
One item to remember is that MacOS has a unholy love for unpacking the .zip archives that epubs are supposed to be stored in. That is, instead of having a file, you have a directory which calibre is not happy with.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 11:32 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One item to remember is that MacOS has a unholy love for unpacking the .zip archives that epubs are supposed to be stored in. That is, instead of having a file, you have a directory which calibre is not happy with.
I was thinking that too.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epub