Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 03-27-2023, 01:38 PM   #1
retval
Enthusiast
retval began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it possible to integrate a side panel to take notes in the calibre viewer?

Best regards to all.
I have always thought that Calibre has immense potential as a reading manager for researchers. Full text search was a huge leap in this.
I think it would be very interesting to be able to integrate in the calibre viewer a movable panel on the right, for taking notes that can then be extracted.
I know many users use Obsidian for this, but Obsidian is very overloaded and the learning curve is high. I know the Calibre add-on for Obsidian is a step up, but it would be useful to have everything integrated.
Although I know nothing about programming (I'm into philosophy) I see no impediment to Calibre doing the same as Obsidian and better.
Perhaps this is a departure from the core purpose of Calibre, but it would be interesting to see its full potential. I've been teaching my students to use Calibre for research for a while now and they all now consider it indispensable.
Thank you very much for reading me.
retval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 01:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The viewer already supports annotations, which are notes associated with a highlight.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/vie...hlighting-text
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 05:36 PM   #3
retval
Enthusiast
retval began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much. I can't believe I didn't notice this before.
Thank you for this beautiful software.
retval is offline   Reply With Quote