Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 05:06 AM   #16
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Reports on both Oasis models (KOA, KOA2) and the PW3.
Still need reports from KT2, KT3, PW2 and Voyage users.

Of special interest are those devices that are running 5.9.2(.0.1) or 5.9.4
I did not need this fix on my Voyage running 5.9.4. kual booklet seems to be working just fine.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #17
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
I did not need this fix on my Voyage running 5.9.4. kual booklet seems to be working just fine.
There are eight (known) versions of the Voyage ...
The first four characters of the serial number please.

Also, tell us what the build id of the 5.9.4 version that is installed.
(number in parans immediately after the version number 5.9.4).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2018, 02:44 AM   #18
Waitingforatrain
Groupie
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
There are eight (known) versions of the Voyage ...
The first four characters of the serial number please.

Also, tell us what the build id of the 5.9.4 version that is installed.
(number in parans immediately after the version number 5.9.4).
B013
Version 5.9.4 (3278740046)
With special offers removed (if that matters)

I updated all of the hacks from NiLuje's post including kual booklet and mrpi. (I use the screensaver, python, font, koreader, battery status). Not sure exactly what I did to get it to work but followed tips from this thread that I just stumbled on while trying to figure out why kual wasn't working anymore. Key was realizing that the old kual doc wasn't supposed to work and that I needed the booklet.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...=294374&page=2

Last edited by Waitingforatrain; 02-17-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:27 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Special offers **should not** make any difference.

Yes, without forum moderators (they are all dead, dying or just gone) this place is becoming more chaotic than ever before.

When the KOA2 work is done, I am out of here.
I may or may not reprint some of the information on one of my own sites.
I am writing a lot of this stuff, (rhetorical question): why should I write it to increase someone else's ad revenue?

Last edited by knc1; 02-17-2018 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:31 AM   #20
thodorisk2015
thodorisk2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic Touch (2016)
It works perfectly well for me too. I also got screensaver's hack to work as well, after reinstalling it. It had stopped working for me, while KUAL seemed to work fine, after one of the previous updates.
Thank you!

Device: KT3W (G000KA)
Firmware Version: Kindle 5.9.2.0.1 (3262870017)

I haven't used any of NiLuje's snapshots.

Last edited by thodorisk2015; 02-18-2018 at 06:34 AM.
thodorisk2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 08:39 AM   #21
DesertYang
DesertYang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2 (KT3)
Doesn't work on my KT3, either with Fw 5.9.2.0.1 or 5.9.4. After replacing and rebooting, the following message will show when starting KUAL (instead of the blank screen).

"Application Error
The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Device: KT3 (G000K905)
Firmware Version: Kindle 5.9.2.0.1 (3262870017) & 5.9.4 (3278730047)
Don't know whether I did something wrong...
DesertYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:50 AM   #22
knc1
Going Viral

That error message has nothing at all to do with testing this replacement jar file.
This replacement jar file only makes the difference between KUAL showing a blank screen or it displaying its menu.
No error message in either case, either before using this jar file or after.

When did you jail break the device?
What firmware version did you have installed when you jail broke it?

Did you re-install everything after you updated the Kindle each time?
Everything other than the jailbreak itself always must be re-installed after a firmware update.

Which type of KUAL do you have installed?
The document or the booklet?
Old 02-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #23
DesertYang
DesertYang began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2 (KT3)
Quote:
That error message has nothing at all to do with testing this replacement jar file.
This replacement jar file only makes the difference between KUAL showing a blank screen or it displaying its menu.
No error message in either case, either before using this jar file or after.

When did you jail break the device?
What firmware version did you have installed when you jail broke it?

Did you re-install everything after you updated the Kindle each time?
Everything other than the jailbreak itself always must be re-installed after a firmware update.

Which type of KUAL do you have installed?
The document or the booklet?
Here's my situation. I used the factory jb (by downgrading to Fw 5.8.0) and upgraded to 5.9.2.0.1, did a reset, reinstalled the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bi n". I suppose the jailbreak should survive.
Then I installed "Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7.2_install.bin" and it showed a blank screen. After replacing the jar file, the massage showed. Later upgrading to 5.9.4, the same thing happens.
USBNet & LinkSS work fine.

I used SSH via USBNet to replace the file and now it works fine (although a bit slowlier). Bravo. I think something unexpected happened while replacing the file using the "RUNME" script.
DesertYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:53 PM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
What is KUAL?
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
What is KUAL?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=203326
Old 02-22-2018, 03:17 PM   #26
root32
root32 began at the beginning.

Device: kt3
was working for me perfectly.
kt3 Firmware 5.9.4
root32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:32 AM   #27
Euphoric
Euphoric began at the beginning.

Device: KT3W
It works for me too : a blank page shows for 1 second, and then KUAL appears...

KT3W (serial G000 KA...) running 5.9.2.0.1 (3262870017)...

Euphoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #28
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur
Jiang Yuhan began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle(558)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoric View Post
It works for me too : a blank page shows for 1 second, and then KUAL appears...
KT3W (serial G000 KA...) running 5.9.2.0.1 (3262870017)...
Why?It doesn't work for my KT3.
I doubt whether there is something wrong with ";log runme".
Jiang Yuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #29
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur
Jiang Yuhan began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle(558)
Besides,my USBnetwork doesn't work,too.I've reinstalled it.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 02-23-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Jiang Yuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #30
SlashMaster
SlashMaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
No KUAL on KT2 (5.9.4)

Hello!

I'm having the same issue on KT2 with 5.9.4.
KUAL says :"Application Error The selected application could not be started..."

I wonder what happened in this FW version..
SlashMaster is offline   Reply With Quote