Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 01:10 AM   #1
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Donations for Custom Recipes

Hi all. I'm a heavy user of Calibre for both library management and daily/weekly feeds. In past I've donated to Kovid, on Calibre page and also for one of his devices (not sure if it was 505 or 700). Given all his work here and all the contributions from Kiklop74 (sorry, don't know your name), I suggest we make donations to both of them for custom recipes. Amazon is selling these feeds, hard copies are not free either. And we get them for free through Calibre :-)

I don't know what's the right way for doing it. We can donate to Kovid through his web page. What about Kiklop? Will it make sense to have another "chip-in" campaign, for both of them? I don't know how to start one, but will participate for sure. It's money well spent for all their time and efforts.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
For some time I was thinking how to organize something like this. I do have paypal account and I guess that would be prefferred way of contributing to most of the users.

I'll try to setup either project on sourceforge or on my personal website. In the meantime whoever wishes to donate any ammount to me can do that through paypal by sending funds to darko.miletic@gmail.com .

I'll keep you all posted on donation page developments.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A great idea. calibre has benefitted greatly from the contributions of many people. I would be happy to see them get rewarded for their efforts.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #4
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I just saw Darko (kiklop) has created a chip-in page (http://kiklop74newkindle.chipin.com/) for donations to get a kindle. So far Kovid is the only one to donate.

Darko has helped many of us here, it's time to give something back.

I'm making my donation now, hopefully few others chip in and he gets the new device soon.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
ddavtian
Addict

Bump.
Advert
Old 01-23-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I invite all other recipe developers to post their paypal accounts here so that a willing users can eventually donate something.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote